We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Last Week in May

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
Weather Last Week in May
Save

Hi-I'm planning to be in Punta Cana May 23-May 30 but it looks like it will be overcast that week. I know it's hard to predict but what's the weather like around this time? I'm coming for sun and sand and don't think it would be much fun if it's overcast. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

3 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,881 posts
443 reviews
165 helpful votes
1. Re: Weather Last Week in May
Save

Pack your sunscreen as it is very expensive here and you will need it.

The online forecasts usually show showers almost on a daily basis but generally not the case. Being the tropics there is always a chance of a shower but usually brief and the the sun returns.

This week for us on the north coast it has shown a chance of rain every day and I think I did actually count 4 or 5 clouds yesterday. Other wise sunny and hot.

BObK

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
30 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Weather Last Week in May
Save

If you are looking beyond 48 hours on any online forecast....DON"T!!! They are highly unreliable.

Generally speaking, plan for the majority of any week, to be sunny. Yes we do get rain sometimes, but not often. When it does rain, it is often in short-duration localized showers (as I had at my house this morning around 530am). I drove 1km to our local mini-market and the place was bone dry. That is how localized showers are here.

There is a frontal system pushing in from the northwest later this week (likely Saturday), but it is fast moving and has very little precipitation associated with it (locally). I did not read this from a forecast, but from studying weather maps.

I hope that helps relieve you of the fears of a week of dreary weather.

Cheers,

PCMike (vive en Punta Cana)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Weather Last Week in May
Save

Thanks for the feedback B0bK and PuntaCanaMike!

Reply to: Weather Last Week in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.