We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to book next trip before prices go up

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Good article about why it would be a good idea to book your next trip now (fall or next winter). Very low risk financially and helps avoid potential price increase once travel resumes. I've already started to look at resorts and prices for November. Prices are currently higher than last November when I last traveled. Anyone else booking now?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7852653/travel-canada-bookings-covid/

34 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
20 posts
1. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

I agree that you should book sooner than later. I booked January, 2022 with Air Canada vacations as I got a great deal (not Punta Cana this time) and they offer good perks if you book now before the end of June. Reduced deposit - only $50, insurance included , price drop protection and free seat selection. You can't lose.

Edited: May 13, 2021, 3:19 am
8 posts
2. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

If you see a good deal with no money up front and free cancellation why not. I am going next week from last year covid cancellation. Booked for July and Dec a while back and prices are double now. Haven't found any great deals for next year yet.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
3. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Exactly. Will be booking soon but can still keep an eye on potential sales that may occur once flights resumes. Happened last fall when Sunwing ended up slashing prices on packages. Easy to cancel current booking with no penalty and book at lower price with another operator if needs be.

Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

BTW, Air Transat has extended their flight suspension until July 29th. I expect the others to follow suit.

Edited: May 13, 2021, 3:28 am
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
5. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Sorry - but you guys make me sick! LOL Here in Atlantic Canada we do not even know what airlines will still be flying in 2022 let alone what we can book. And we never get good deals out of here any more.

Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

I can certainly understand how you feel! I'm sure Air Canada flies out your way. Check it out for 2022 and for only $50 down, you can't lose.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
7. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Sorry Booksin. Ottawa has lost a lot of flights also since the start of the pandemic. I drove to Montreal last November. Currently very limited for this fall. On the positive side, seeing announcements here and there about flights returning to smaller cities so hopefully they resume in your area.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
21 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

We have booked DR for next April. Air Transat.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Booksin, the west coast is in pretty much the same boat. Won't book quite yet as not sure who is flying south and when in my area.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
34 reviews
48 helpful votes
10. Re: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Save

Being from Atlantic Canada too, I agree with Booksin. No deals from here and prices are pretty crazy now.

Reply to: Time to book next trip before prices go up
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.