We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

I read different things about testing upon arrival, i called Spirit airlines and they said you do...but a friend was just there and did not need one. I took one yesterday just to be safe, but i want to make sure to take another if needed 72 hours before arrival. Please advise if someone knows the current rules. I hopefully fly Friday.

12 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
256 reviews
268 helpful votes
1. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

Here in Portugal from the othet side of the pond, the info that we've is that's no need of any kind of testing to enter DR right now and i hope that still remains like this because we'll arrive on May 31 and just need to be tested to return home.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

No you do not except to be a Responsible traveler

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
50,649 posts
8 reviews
55 helpful votes
3. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

No requirement of pre testing before arrival, just be aware that random testing is done at the airport upon arrival, so you could be stopped and asked to take a test. You will need an antigen test to be done before you leave the DR to enter the US.

Angie.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,434 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

We who live here appreciate all who pre-test prior to arriving. That being said, it is not required to enter the country.

Cheers,

PCMike

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
7,131 posts
129 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

I would hope people do in order not to infect others on the plane or the people of DR

Don’t travel if you aren’t going to be responsible

Level Contributor
32 posts
6. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! Yes definitely being responsible with testing, just wanted to double check to have a test within requirements if there was any. Plus I’m fully vaccinated as off 3 weeks ago.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
60 reviews
44 helpful votes
7. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

Unfortunately if your airline believes that you do, you could have an issue with them not letting you on a plane if you don't have the results they want.

Level Contributor
32 posts
8. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

Thanks! Yes I went to get tested today just to make sure!

Virginia
Level Contributor
425 posts
23 reviews
56 helpful votes
9. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Save

It’s not required but you can bet your bottom dollar that some will be yanked out of line and tested at PUJ. You also won’t be staying at the Ritz if you test positive. As Mike states, the residents appreciate it.

10. Re: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 23, 2021, 5:23 pm

Reply to: Do you currently need a covid test upon arrival to DR?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.