We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Punta Cana during COVID

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Diving in Punta Cana during COVID
Save

Sorry if this has already been asked; couldn't find it.

Booked a 2-week stay at the Royal Catalonia Bavaro with the plan of spending some time on the beach and going scuba diving. Is this currently going on during the pandemic there? Not getting any answers from the resort.

2 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Diving in Punta Cana during COVID
Save

The diving in the Punta Cana area is bad. I recommend you dive out of the Bayahibe area, it is on the south Caribbean Sea side of the Dominican and has the best diving on the Dominican. It is only about 30 to 40 minutes south of the Punta Cana airport. There is wreck diving, wall diving, reef diving and even a cave dive if you are so certified.

I always use and highly recommend Scuba Fun. John the owner is at the shop every morning, most of his staff are long term employee's, so they know the dive sites very well, they will store & rinse your gear, they will pick you up & drop you back at the resort and they are the top recommended dive shop in the Dominican on Scubaboard.

They have dive packages specifically for people staying in the Punta Cana area and they are very quick at replying to emails, so I would contact Laura. Tell her Steve from Canada sent you.

https://www.scubafun.info/

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Diving in Punta Cana during COVID
Save

Awesome thanks!

Reply to: Diving in Punta Cana during COVID
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.