We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November travel

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
154 reviews
104 helpful votes
November travel
Save

Hi! We are looking forward to returning to DR this November, it's been a few years. Does anyone have any experience with travel to DR the week after the US Thanksgiving? We will fly into PUJ and I am wondering if that is normally a busy time (Sat, early afternoon). Is the arrival VIP service recommended for this time of the year? We used an arrival VIP service in Jamaica once and while we flew through immigration, we still had to wait for our bags to arrive with the smarter people who did not pay for the service so I am concerned about wasting $$$ (or not).

Are the resorts crowded this time of the year? In Jamaica and in Mexico they are not. I know 2021 is an unusual year due to Covid but it sounds like travel is picking up again. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
60 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: November travel
Save

Yeah just a note, the VIP arrival service does not get your luggage off the plane any faster

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,434 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: November travel
Save

Typically , American Thanksgiving is a busy couple of days in Punta Cana. Generally Thursday through Sunday. Resorts (pre-covid) would be around 70% occupancy during those days. Saturday afternoon at the airport is almost always busy, generally between 12 and 4.

As mentioned, VIP will not get your bags through any quicker.

Cheers,

PCMike

Reply to: November travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.