We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Vacations - refunds

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
2 reviews
18 helpful votes
Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Hi All,

An update from earlier thread. After yesterdays announcement from the DPM I got confirmation from ACV and my TA that I will be getting a refund. ~$6000CAD. Very happy.

11 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,283 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
1. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Congrats! I'm sorry that it had to take so long, but I'm happy that it finally worked out for you.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
2 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Thats awesome Jason!!

I wonder if other carriers will follow suit ? (no luck for me with transat)

Looks like AC got enough that top execs will get bonuses !! ( how many taxpayer bailouts is this for AC now? should be a jeopardy question!!)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,284 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
3. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Hopefully the other carriers follow soon:

https://www.travelweek.ca/news/what-about-transat-sunwing-and-westjet-an-update-in-the-wake-of-air-canadas-govt-aid-announcement/

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
2 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Once the Canadian restrictions are lifted we'll pump the money right back into the industry and enjoy a cerveza somewhere south of here. I hope its soon for all who are waiting...Up here and down there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,284 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
5. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

New bookings are very low risk and prices for the end of 2021 very decent. Of course, still unclear as to what will be available and what the return restrictions will be but we will be taking advantage of the very low risk and minimal financial requirements to book a couple of trips (fall and winter). Can easily cancel or change as required.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
907 posts
9 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

I am glad everyone is getting their refunds. Wonder how much our taxes are going to go up so we could get those refunds.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
7. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Not everyone

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
57 reviews
134 helpful votes
8. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Just booked for Jan 2022. Fingers crossed, but AC (and all the carriers) are offering full refund guarantees if things fall apart and travel still isn't possible. I sure hope I won't regret booking so early, but I fear demand will drive prices sky high should things look promising into the fall...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
37 reviews
12 helpful votes
9. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

I too was hoping to make it to punta cana for the first time but now I think I will wait until winter and enjoy a nice summer in the mountains here in alberta.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
2 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Save

Our travel mates from March 2020 just confirmed they are getting refund too.

j.

Reply to: Air Canada Vacations - refunds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.