We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,490 posts
256 reviews
268 helpful votes
Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

Hello,

Does anyone knows the price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa, and how much time until we have the results?

We will arrive on May 31, and need to have a negative test 72h-48h before we can return home to Portugal.

Many Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
1. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

https://www.palladiumhotelgroup.com/en/free-covid-test-to-travel Did you check the website? That is where I found the information. It says that it is $140 USD. Contact the hotel for sure to find out the timeframe of getting the results back.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

At that price it may be well worth it to drive up to Centro Medico Punta Cana (10 minutes).

From there Facebook page (Apr 3rd)

We offer you the PCR COVID Express Testing Service for Travelers with results in less than 24 hours.

Make your appointment via our QR code or via our WhatsApp 809.552.1506

No medical indication required!

* Cost: USD$ 89.00

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

Depending on who you book with but it shows Complimentary COVID-19 testing on my screen.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

That is an antigen test...not a PCR.

Quinte West, Canada
Level Contributor
991 posts
75 reviews
122 helpful votes
5. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

PMAL

Good to see you back on the forums. Hope all is well.

Not returning to Samana this trip?

Have a great holiday.

Steve

Edited: April 14, 2021, 6:26 pm
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,490 posts
256 reviews
268 helpful votes
6. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

@Cat S - Many Thanks for the information... miss that in the site... I'll contact the hotel to find out the timeframe of getting the results back.

@PuntaCanaMike - Thanks also for the information but as QueenCB said is the Complimentary COVID-19, or the antigen test. They offer that one at the hotel, but i need the PCR one to enter again in my country... It's a bull***t but it's what my government asks even for national citizens.

@steeeve - All is fine down here in sunny Portugal, hope you and your loved ones are also okay in the middle of this pandemic.

Impossible to get to Samana this year... No direct charter flight, you know we're a very small country and the Airbus A330-300 of the Orbest Airlines takes 388 passengers and with almost no demand this year just direct flights to Punta Cana and Cancun. Also no Jamaica this year, because that was a round around flight: Lisbon / Samana / Montego Bay /Samana / Lisbon.

Also Bahia Principe Luxury Samana is closed and Bahia Principe Luxury Cayo Levantado is still not AO.

As you know i just travel to AO resorts and this year i'll try TRS Turquesa of the Palladium Hotel Group because have found a very good deal here and i trust it's far more upscale that Bahia Principe Luxury Ambar.

I don't have budget to Iberostar Grand Bavaro, Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa All Inclusive Adults Only or Sanctuary Cap Cana for example. So... let's see how will go...

Quinte West, Canada
Level Contributor
991 posts
75 reviews
122 helpful votes
7. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

I have stayed at theTRS many times and it is a great spot. My favourite of course is CL and we tried it when it went family. It wasn’t too bad .

With Luxury Bahia Samaná their I would go there depending on the time of year. Still prefer Samaná a it is quieter and no mega resorts.

Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.

Steve

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,490 posts
256 reviews
268 helpful votes
8. Re: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Save

Great to know that you've been there many times and that you've liked it... We also expect to like it... Although is part of a mega resort i trust that this AO section will be quiet and that we can have a relax & silent vacation.

Yes, Bahia Principe Luxury Samana is also my 1st option, small and quieter but as you say depends on the time of the year. I'm very sad because i trust that they will never revert Bahia Principe Luxury Cayo Levantado to AO again. That was by far for me the best place i've been with my wife in DR... So, so many good memories of that stay there...

Also stay safe.

Reply to: Price of the PCR Covid Test at TRS Turquesa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.