We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana decision

1 post
Punta Cana decision
Save

We are heading to Punta Cana in June (all are vaccinated!!) We have 3 older children (17,18,20) We will do some excursions but are more foodies. Would you choose Riu Palace, The Reserve Paradisus Palma Real or Iberostar Selection Bavaro? I would love shopping and cooking classes! Kids love the pools, beach and volleyball.

3 replies to this topic
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,433 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Punta Cana decision
Save

All decent choices for you. Both the Iberostar and Paradisus resorts are a step up in every way from the Riu. Of the 2, Palma Real would be my choice, based on what you are looking for. Iberostar would be fine as well, if price factors in.

Cheers,

PCMike

Edited: April 10, 2021, 7:14 pm
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7,514 posts
60 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: Punta Cana decision
Save

I definitely would pass on RUI you if you’re a foodie. The food at Iberostar is much better

I don’t know that it meets your “foodie” standard, but I’ve had some really good dishes there in the past. Haven’t done your other choice I can’t tell you about food there.

(And Am I the only person who is over the word “foodie”? . I have friends who claim to be foodies who think McDonald’s is gourmet dining. I think someone needs to ban foodie and yummy. LOL)

Edited: April 10, 2021, 8:48 pm
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
3. Re: Punta Cana decision
Save

No Carol you are not along in'your feelings about 'foodies'. Find if weird that guests write posts or reviews and say they are foodies and how terrible the food was yet they lived on burgers and fries all week and could hardly wait to get to the airport food court, where they had their best meal the whole vacation.

Reply to: Punta Cana decision
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.