We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

Effective yesterday 4/6 it seems that there is a major change in COVID related testing. Negative PCR is no longer required. 3 to 15% will be tested and everyone will have temperature checked.

Questions: any contradictory material out there? Does this mean we do not need to get PCR test before boarding the flight? Was this ever required? I'm flying out on United for example.

https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/newsroom/coronavirus/

5 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
60 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

I don’t read it as requiring me to get a test before I board the plane. That was required but they ended it several months ago. I think this is just a rehash of old news

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
50,651 posts
8 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

The headline stating ' INFORMATION UPDATED AS OF APRIL 6, 2021' is a bit misleading as the update is not for the paragraph on 'Entry Requirements:' into the DR in relation to Covid testing it relates to the E-TICKET information that has recently been updated.

Angie.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,287 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
3. Re: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

Tests have not been required in many months. Random breathalyzer tests began in September or October if I remember correctly. Was in effect when I went in November.

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

Ok thanks for the clarification. You are all in tune with things more than I am. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,287 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
5. Re: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Save

Yes things have somewhat remained the same since last fall. Main things that have changed are the 72 hrs test requirements to return home for some countries and curfew hours have been modified.

Reply to: 4/6 DR Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.