Hello (posted in two of the forums as I am not sure which gets more traction)
We are looking at traveling to DR the last week of October thru the 4th Nov November. I am looks at the Dreams properties for a few reasons:
1. I don't have any experience with AIs except Hard Rock in Cancun. Normally I like to rent a house and stay in a local town. But this is for my Husband's birthday. He wants to lay by the pool or beach and relax and that's it. So...AI it is I guess.
2. I didn't really like wearing wrist bands at HR. It sounds like Dreams doesn't make you do that.
3. We have a 14 and 15 year old traveling with us. Dreams looks to have great activities for this age.
What is important to us:
1. Ocean we can walk right into and swim.
2. Good value for our money. Since our kids are so old, we will need a suite or 2 rooms. I think $3500 to $4k is reasonable for 7 nights. I don't really want to go over that for 2 rooms 7 nights. This does NOT include airfare. I like to book that myself.
If you can recommend another property, I would love to hear it. But I am really interested in experiences or thoughts on these 2 properties.