We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Resorts

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Majestic Resorts
Save

Can anyone confirm whether the Majestic Colonial is open? I am reading recent reviews about the Colonial but then reading elsewhere that it is closed and everyone is being moved to Mirage. I am scheduled at the Colonial next week and will be a bit disappointed if I am moved - especially with no notice from the hotel.

7 replies to this topic
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
1. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

Yes the Colonial is still closed. Guests are sent to the Mirage or even the Elegance as they are starting to open parts of the Elegance. Past quests have still been posting their reviews under the Colonial cause that is what they booked even though they were at the Mirage. It can be confusing. You probably would only hear from the resort itself if you booked directly with them. If not it should be your TA to let you know.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
47 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

If you can pay for Colonial pricing and move to Mirage I would call that a win and not worry about it LOL.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
3. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

Just keep in mind you may end up at the Elegance.

Grand...
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
27 reviews
34 helpful votes
4. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

All Colonial guests are being upgraded to Mirage. Got this information from a friend who is there now

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

Mirage or Elegance. I arrived yesterday and have a room at the Elegance. Most all amenities for Elegance are closed but to be honest, the properties are intermingled and I haven’t figured out where mirage ends and Elegance begins yet! LOL

Regardless of where you end up, it is all beautiful!

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

I arrived here at the Majestic Mirage on Saturday. As was said, All the properties are intermingled so theoretically all beach and pools can be used. Elegance is somewhat reopened and colonial is closed. All restaurants at Mirage are opened and hit capacity. Covid tests are done between Mirage and elegance.

Edited: April 13, 2021, 8:26 pm
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
7. Re: Majestic Resorts
Save

Actually not all beach and pool areas can be used by everyone. There are some areas that are Adult Only.

Reply to: Majestic Resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.