We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?

Fox River Grove...
4 posts
Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

I'm with a group of soap bubble entertainers who want to do our thing on the beaches around Punta Cana in Feb of 2022. We like to create huge displays of bubbles on public beaches. This inevitably draws big crowds. (See BBV2020 Manzanillo on Facebook to get an idea what we do.)

We have 2 big questions. First, assuming Covid restrictions are lifted, are activities that draw crowds discouraged or forbidden? Second, if we visit a beach away from our resort, can we expect to find available public restrooms and/or a supply of fresh water?

One travel agent is telling us no problem. Another tells us there could be big problems. What say you all?

7 replies to this topic
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

In my many years of travel to PC, I can honestly say i have never seen a public restroom in any beach area. Perhaps you should contact the Dominican consulate on DC about your idea and weather or not it would be possible.

Fox River Grove...
4 posts
2. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

Thanks so much for the clues!

Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
265 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

I can't answer your question, but I can offer some advice re travel agents. It would appear as if you're dealing with one who is willing to lie to you in order to make a sale, and another who will be truthful, event if it hurts the chances of making a sale. I know which one I'd go with.

Edited: April 01, 2021, 5:46 pm
Fox River Grove...
4 posts
4. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

I'm reaching out to other agents who profess to be "experts" on Punta Cana. No verdict on who's the liar yet.

Virginia
Level Contributor
425 posts
23 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

Gotta ask..what is a soap bubble entertainer? That’s a new one

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,433 posts
31 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

I would suggest you contact a place like "Californa " located in Bibiagua.

They are into promotions as such and have both of what you are looking for.

Here is the facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/californagoodlife/

Cheers,

PuntaCana Mike

Fox River Grove...
4 posts
7. Re: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Save

Thanks! This is the most common answer I'm getting from folks: Make arrangements in advance with individual establishments.

Reply to: Soap bubble flash mob events on Bavaro beaches?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.