We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana Beach

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

Is the beach itself bad at EPC or just the water choppy? We are looking to go in September. We normally go to the Couples properties in Jamaica (been to 3 out of 4). I don't mind if it's something I can body surf in but I want to be able to walk into the water. In Mexico we stayed in Riviera Maya and didn't see one person in the water. I love pools but we also love to sit on the beach most of the time. Just wondering if Secrets Cap Cana will be a better fit

24 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

Never been to SCC but many times to EPC. EPC beach = big, deserted feel, no vendors, no timeshare, surf from 2’ to 6’ with +-3’ the norm, experienced lifeguards on duty, areas of beach can have rip currents, no others resorts within 20 minutes in either direction, no boat traffic (other than the odd ship on the horizon), about 20 supplied boogie boards for guests, the best groomed beach in Uvero Alto I’ve seen. And no I don’t own the joint...

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

When we were there, the water waqs very rough. Lifeguards were stopping people from going in further than waist deep.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

I love this lol....I like body surfing and boogie boarding!!!! I was hoping they would have them. This is just the info I was looking for so thank you

Edited: March 27, 2021, 10:16 pm
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

I don't mind the water being choppy...I just want a nice beach to sit on and do nothing lol

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
43 reviews
239 helpful votes
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

Excellence has a huge beach and a very pretty setting. The water can be dangerous at times when rough.

murillo
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

sounds like it's right up your alley ... night time is pretty lame but top notch food , service ,and alcohol.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

The water immediately in front of the beach is quite rough for swimming but the beach beds and beach area are absolutely stunning. If you walk a bit down the beach to the right the water is calmer. We did get in and float a bit but we did see some folks get knocked down by waves right in front of the resort. We love excellence I part because the beach area is so expansive

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
40 reviews
136 helpful votes
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

The water is really rough at EPC. EPC does have a couple of really nice pools SCC would be a better fit as far as swimming goes. SCC you can walk out 100 feet and still be in 4ft of water there preferred club section has a private pool and there own beach section

Were doing Secrets royal beach next week Preferred, in the Bavaro Beach area the beach here you can walk for miles yes there vendors but they never really bother me or the wife.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

EPC is closed til July 1, 2021.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Save

Sorry Patti D but I'm not sure where you are getting your info from but I can make a booking next week ( If only we could go from the UK)

https://booking.excellenceresorts.com/en/bookcore/availability/rooms/excellencepuntacana/?occupancies=%255B%257B%2522ages%2522%253A%2520%2522%2522%252C%2520%2522adults%2522%253A%25202%252C%2520%2522children%2522%253A%25200%257D%255D&rrc=1&adults=2&occp=1

Reply to: Excellence Punta Cana Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.