We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.

Bradford West...
12 posts
To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

Hello All,

My wife and I are looking to travel to Punta Cana in Feb - Mar 2022, its seems like most airlines are offering trip cancelation insurance for free and as of the last time I checked it looked like some airlines were having a sale for all inclusive trips. The agent we use is saying to book now because travels going to go crazy, so my guestion is do we book now or should we wait it out and risk higher prices, no cancelation insurance and general insanity later?

23 replies to this topic
Sherwood Park
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I say book now. I'm also looking for my family for December 2021. I am worried about prices skyrocketing with demand once things open up again.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

We booked our Xmas trip for 2021/2022 back in January. We paid extra for the cancellation insurance. It was such a good price that it was hard not to book. I also think prices are going to go up quite a bit. Prices for my trip have already gone up and cost more than what we paid in cancellation insurance so figure its a win for us (for now at least LOL)

Edited: March 27, 2021, 8:49 am
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
100 reviews
61 helpful votes
3. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I agree with the others. I think as the regulations are relaxed, prices are going up. I'm *this close* to booking DR for late November, and will take advantage of the free insurance Air Canada is currently offering.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
43 reviews
239 helpful votes
4. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I booked in Dec for next Dec with resort which is pay at resort and can be cancelled. Prices were very low about half of what the price is now.

murillo
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
5. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

i will wait til aug .. always do . Ask some people on here how long they have been waiting for their $ from a year ago with cancelation insurance..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
43 reviews
239 helpful votes
6. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

Many resorts are booking with no money up front, pay when you arrive, and free cancellation within a few days of arrival date. No risk involved. If prices would drop lower for some reason just cancel and rebook.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
7. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I just find it hard to plan a vacation a year in advance. Especially hard during covid since we have to fly through a bigger centre - Toronto or Montreal.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
44 reviews
238 helpful votes
8. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

bbgamer - it is not as easy or as cheap for some of us Canadians to book directly with the resort. This far out I would not even be sure what dates to book as some of our airlines only fly 1 day per week from some airports.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
40 reviews
136 helpful votes
9. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I would wait.... hang on to your cash

First off there hurting right now and they know its going to get better

I did a quick check and didn't find any deals out there sure there offering trip cancellation but there not much in the way of deals I'd hold off til at least Nov The best Deals I've gotten have been Black Friday for travel from TO the other time s I"ve gotten good deals is the day after Xmas boxing day also they do seem to like running better pricing around your Canadian Thanksgiving our Columbus day mid Oct

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
33 reviews
65 helpful votes
10. Re: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Save

I say wait. Prices have already spiked.

Reply to: To Book Now Or Wait Canada Edition.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.