We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!

13 posts
Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

Hi all!

We are traveling to PC for our honeymoon at the beginning of June.

We are currently torn between Iberostar Grand Bavaro and Live Aqua Beach Resort, and I would love your input!

We are wanting a laidback, quiet atmosphere to relax at the beach and pool, so the beach aspect is important to us. We'd love a clean beach with palm trees and really clear calm water. We don't care too much about the nightlife, and would like to maybe go snorkeling, but beyond that lack of activities won't really bother us, as we won't be there long enough.

Any insight you have on either is welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

IGB would offer everything you are looking for. Live Aqua just opened so it may still be working out a few things. It is also in a different area where the ocean can be a bit more active.

13 posts
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

Thank you!!!

Any input on secrets cap Cana and how it compares to the two above? That’s another one we’re considering. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

Live Aqua is gorgeous. The food is the best I've ever had at an all inclusive, and I've been disappointed by the food at other all inclusives that people say are supposed to be good. Modern, chic with very sweet staff. I absolutely love it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

SCC would also be a good option. Located on one of the best beach with very calm waters. Food is very good. Only minor thing would be the lobby set up. If considering Cap Cana and Juanillo Beach, I would also look at Hyatt Zilara next door.

13 posts
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

Thank you so all much. We ended up booking SCC. I appreciate the feedback!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
48 helpful votes
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Save

We werent impressed with Iberostar Grand. The rooms have no couch or anything comfy to sit on other than the bed and the food was iffy in the buffets but better in the ala carte restaurants. The beach was the best

Reply to: Iberostar Grand Bavaro VS Live Aqua -Honeymoon!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.