We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence El Carmen Room Types

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Save

For those that have stayed at the resort, which is your preferred type of room to stay in? We for sure want to get an Excellence Club room but looks like there’s many pros and cons to each room type in regards to privacy, pool, ocean view, etc. Just interested to hear others opinions and experience since there’s so many options! Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
6 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Save

I have stayed in both the Honeymoon EC Beachfront RTT and the Honeymoon EC Beachfront Swim out. Both times it was in building 5. That is the best room in the place, short of the Imperial Suite, in my opinion. I don't like the location of the Imperial Suite, though.

Look through my album and you will see some photos that are good representations of the room location, view, etc.

Here is the link: https://lovethesun.slickpic.com/albums/ExcellenceElCarmen/?wallpaper&viewer

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Save

Wow thank you so much! So is it safe to say that the “private pool” rooms would not have any ocean view? It seems like they are on the back side of the buildings from your pictures. And then the swim-up suites tend to be in the front with an ocean view?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
6 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Save

Some swim up suites get a peak at the ocean but the private pool do not.

Kaz
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
74 posts
127 reviews
196 helpful votes
4. Re: Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Save

I have stayed in Excellence RTT building 7 and Excellence Honeymoon beachfront swim out in building 5. We would always book the swim out room ( doesn't have to be beachfront) as we found with the RTT there was not enough shade and we felt cut off but with swim out waiters bring you drinks and you see people. The private pool rooms are at back of the resort which is really nice and quiet.

Reply to: Excellence El Carmen Room Types
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.