We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly into SDQ or PUJ?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Save

We are planning to visit PUJ in early June. I have been watching the air fares and I found that Google flights shows much cheaper prices if I fly into SDQ rather than PUJ (> $200 per person, a family of 4 would be close to a grand). This is on the contrary as what I thought because I read somewhere that there are more flights to PUJ. I wonder should I just fly to SDQ and bare the additional travel time/cost from Santo Domingo to Cap Cana, or I should continue to wait for the price to go down. Am I too early or late to book a PUJ flight for early June trip?

4 replies to this topic
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
33 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Save

You're not too early to book for June. Pricing is higher this year going to PUJ. Have you compared the difference in cost for the transfer from SDQ over PUJ?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Save

Thanks for your reply. I realized that we are planning to do an excursion from Cap Cana to Santo Domingo. So the transportation cost is unavoidable in any case. I just found a good price to SDQ and already bought the tickets. Looking forward to our trip now!

murillo
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Save

so your going to fly into SDQ, take a private shuttle to a resort in Cap Cana.. then take another one back to SDQ for an excursion ..? i guess you will be staying a night or 2 before you fly out . looks like your losing 2 days of your vacation .

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
43 reviews
239 helpful votes
4. Re: Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Save

SDQ is cheaper but the long ride and the cost of transfer doesn't make sense. Flights are ridiculous now and probably will be all summer. Just keep checking and be ready to book.

Reply to: Fly into SDQ or PUJ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.