We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana

Hialeah, Florida
Level Contributor
446 posts
23 reviews
36 helpful votes
Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

We are a group of girls trying to relax and enjoy the pool and beach. Which one is nicer or has the better food. What are the covid restrictions they have in place?

Thanks,

8 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

I would recommend Hyatt but the Zilara side (adults only). Ziva is the family side. SCC still a nice resort but mostly couples and limited activities. Still nice if just want to chill but I would pick Hyatt if I returned to Cap Cana (was at SCC last year).

Hialeah, Florida
Level Contributor
446 posts
23 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Thanks so much. How is the food?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
3. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

I only toured both Hyatts when I was at SCC last year but from accounts from TA members I know well, the food is fabulous. Having access to the Ziva side also provides you with additional food venues/options. The food at SCC is also pretty good but there were a couple of things there that put us off a bit so would not return myself. Still a nice resort though but would pick Hyatt if the budget allows. They are very different resorts though. SCC more the tropical/typical feel. Hyatt a more modern style. I love the layout of both Hyatts which provide plenty of beautiful ocean view rooms. Still, both are on the beautiful Juanillo beach.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
37 reviews
128 helpful votes
4. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Hi, While I have not stayed at Secrets Cap Cana, I am very familiar with the brand in Mexico. I agree with Sly. It is couple oriented.

Because of Sly's walk through, Zilara came up on our radar. We stayed at Hyatt Zilara in October 2020. I posted a "Live From" thread topic that can be found on Cap Cana forum. Additionally, Cat submitted a "Live From" in February. I went with my hubbie,but Cat went as a single woman.

We loved Zilara. We stayed in an OF Swim Out. The food was outstanding, more on par with Excellence El Carmen. HOWEVER, when the local weekend crowd departs, the lunch options are extremely limited. Things close on the Zilara side, and you are forced to go to Ziva to eat. We went once to the buffet and never returned to anything on the Ziva side. If you are ok with pizza and/or burgers every day, you are good to go.

Also, if you are booking for 2 women, I would recommend booking a larger 1 bedroom suite. The regular 2 bed rooms are very small.

The upside is the bathroom is large and the water closet provides privacy.

We are booked to return to an OF Swim Out in October 2021, but due to the February report of no change during lunch, we are also booked at Excellence El Carmen Honeymoon Beachfront Swim Out Suite. We book directly with the hotel, so you pay at arrival, or a few weeks before, but have generous cancellation policies.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hialeah, Florida
Level Contributor
446 posts
23 reviews
36 helpful votes
5. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Thank you for the great information. So when do they have the lunch? Only weekends or ??

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
47 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

They have lunch everyday its just not as many locations are open for lunch if you have lower occupancy during covid but there is always some place open but you may not have 3 or 4 places open for lunch just a couple of options.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
55 helpful votes
7. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Sly, I am in the same dilema as this gal, but it is a friend's vacation, some couples, some singles, mid 40's-late 50's in age range. Anywhoo....what were the things that put you off about Secrets Cap Cana? Was there any night life at either? We are getting ready to pull the trigger tomorrow, let me know if you can help with any insight. thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
8. Re: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Hi there. SCC is a very nice resort but the lobby set up is dysfunctional for the quality of the resort. It is simply a long hallway with couches sprinkled thru and no real lobby bar, just a 6-8 seater in a side room. They have some live music near the coffee shop but again it lacks the true lobby area feel. Also, the a la cartes are all located on ground level with no bars nearby so if waiting for your table, you need to go back to the lobby for a drink. The lobby being located upstairs, means going up approximately 20 stairs with no elevator. Again, still a nice resort on a beautiful beach but 2 or 3 things that would keep us from returning. Oh, and it is very laid back which is OK for some but may not be suited for those looking for a more entertaining resort.

Reply to: Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana or Secrets Cap Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.