We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests

Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
94 reviews
59 helpful votes
AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Hello

Are there any AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests, prior to hotel departure?

Is there a weblink detailing hotels that are offering a free test?

Thank you

10 replies to this topic
Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
2 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Nothing's free Reggie.

Oh, and "I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Tim McCracken"

You said it not me.

Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
94 reviews
59 helpful votes
2. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Thank you.

And fantastic reference to Dr.Hook and the Syracuse Bulldogs!!!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
50,643 posts
8 reviews
55 helpful votes
3. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

There are no hotels offering free PCR Covid tests, you will need to pay for the PCR test and go to clinic or lab to get them done, the resorts only offer free antigen tests.

Angie.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
37 reviews
128 helpful votes
4. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

I am shaking my head in misunderstanding here. A simple read of reviews will show you book your return Covid test when you check-in. They provide the results when you check out. It is included with your AI packages.

Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
94 reviews
59 helpful votes
5. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Prize :antigen test is different from a PCR test.....antigen test is not accepted in Canada....you can quit shaking your head now.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
18 reviews
45 helpful votes
6. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Best way to go about is to visit the resort(s) individual websites for accurate information. Many are offering the ANTIGEN test for free, but not all. It's not "part of your package". Some are still charging for that, or not doing them at all. The PCR test, I haven't seen anyone doing it for "free". Many resorts are helping guests make the arrangements to have it done, and some have made "deals" with testing facilities for a reduced testing cost for the guests.

It is not "part" of any AI package, it's something being offered for now, as a courtesy, to travelers to get them to travel. It could stop at any time. Ultimately, it's your responsibility to get a test, if required, not the hotel.

But, a reality check. Lets say the PCR test is $200. Is it a better "deal" to stay at a hotel that costs $1K more for a week to save $200? Do your regular "search", narrow it down to the ones you are intereseted in, then check what they do for testing, cost/availability/locations.

Lancaster, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

I am currently here and staying at the Grand Reserve at Paradisus, and the antigen test was free even when booking through expedia. I am going to the states so that test is acceptable. I am currently awaiting my negative result via email. I chose this location because of their policy regarding if you test positive with COVID and have to quarantine. Some resorts will house you, some charge fees. That is definitely something that helped me choose a resort. You can also message the resort directly on facebook to confirm their policy, which I did. That helped me feel better about having the bases covered if need be.

Ontario
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

Excellence offers free testing, both PCR and antigen for guests returning to countries requiring them. https://www.theexcellencecollection.com/free-covid-tests-for-guests/?_ga=2.220150687.787453603.1616723226-2088468298.1616723226

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
9. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

A lot of misinformation here, that’s the new norm.

Quite a few resorts provide FREE antigen and PCR tests, usually depending on the stay. The resort I am staying at, FREE PCR test is provided for stays 7 nights and more....

Hilton La Romana

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
37 reviews
128 helpful votes
10. Re: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Save

capool....TY. I am going to Excellence El Carmen, so I knew there was a reason to be confused. Thanks for finding the link.

Reply to: AI hotels/resorts offering free Covid tests to guests
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.