We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall

River Falls...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from Punta Cana and with prices so cheap my wife and I already have started talking about potentially going back this year. We have only gone in March and the weather has always been perfect. Does anyone have information on when to avoid or when to go for the rest of the year? Think of June - Oct/Nov period. We don't mind it being hot, but don't want to get rained out everyday either, so I would say avoiding a known rainy period would be best.

Thanks

Edited: March 22, 2021, 10:37 pm
6 replies to this topic
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

Fall is hurricane season.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7,512 posts
60 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

I’ve gone in August and really liked it, but you do run the risk of a hurricane, so make sure you have good insurance

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
37 reviews
128 helpful votes
3. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

We go the first week in October every year(anniversary). We also purchase insurance. If there are storms, they are usually at night or brief showers during the day. We have never been rained out(knock on wood). Besides, a rainy day in paradise is better than any day at work. 🍹

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
54 reviews
136 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

I'd choose November for various reasons. As Europeans we have a plethora of great places to holiday from April to October but finding good holiday weather from November to March is important without flying very long distances (ie < 12 hours direct).

Edited: April 08, 2021, 5:28 pm
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

Have gone in November the past few years and have never had issues with the weather.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
815 posts
57 reviews
104 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Save

We always get good weather when we travel in early November.The heart of hurricane season is mid August until the end of September.As long as you can avoid a hurricane in the area and you dont mind the heat the weather is usually pretty good over the summer months

Reply to: Best Time to Visit Punta Cana in Summer and Fall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.