We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Reserve Paradisus- questions. Opinion s

Level Contributor
37 posts
The Grand Reserve Paradisus- questions. Opinion s
Save

We are planning to book this hotel for August. We typically stay in 1 bedroom swim ups, something with a separate sleeping area for us and kids get their own area ( pull out couch) . Rooms, food, night shows and luxury are our #1. Kids dont like the beach. We spend all our time on our deck/pool. We only leave for breakfast and dinner and the nightly shows. We usually stay on Paradisus properties (Melia) when we travel.

In 2019 we branched out DH and I stayed at hideaway Punta Cana and in Jamaica Royalton white sands. It seems Royalton is the only brand with room configurations we like, but I felt it wasn't as upscale as Paradisus.

Right now we are comparing our regular Paradisus Playa del Carmen or The Grand Reserve Inner Circle. Prices are the same for both.

There isn't much posted about The Grand, probably because it's so new. I'm looking for someone that might be available to give their 2 cents about the resort and if you've stayed at any of the others I mentioned maybe a comparison.

I double posted, original one is wrong section I think?

1 reply
Boston...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: The Grand Reserve Paradisus- questions. Opinion s
Save

We stayed at the Grand Reserve in April of 2019 not long after it opened. Beautiful hotel with wonderful restaurants. The pool is huge and the bartenders make amazing drinks at the swim-up bar. I would stay again if I was getting a great deal which we did when we stayed in 2019. The Grand Reserve is very open and felt desert-like. I kept thinking that the hotel could have been built in the Nevada desert and it would look the same. It does not have a tropical feel to it. It has a geometric and modern design to which I'm sure you've seen from the photos. We are booked to stay at the Paradisus Palma Real in June but will be staying at the reserve. The reserve has the tropical vibe I enjoy with all of the vegetation and palm trees. Just be aware that the beach area is a 10-15 minute walk from the Grand Reserve but there are carts/shuttles that will take you frequently. We stayed at the Reserve Paradisus Punta Cana 5 years ago and enjoyed the bikes that were readily available. I wish the Grand Reserve and Reserve at Palma Real would do the same. All in all, the Grand Reserve has beautiful rooms, and the hotel, restaurants, and staff are top-notch.

Edited: March 23, 2021, 9:21 am
Reply to: The Grand Reserve Paradisus- questions. Opinion s
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.