We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
11 reviews
39 helpful votes
Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

I have a good map of the buildings and might request a specific one but I don't know which buildings they are in.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
1. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Are you preferred or non-preferred? You can pretty much go from there...

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
11 reviews
39 helpful votes
2. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Non preferred

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Buildings 1,2,3,5, and some of 6 are non-preferred buildings.

Tropical view rooms are in all of the non-preferred buildings.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
4. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Am thinking bldg 6 for non-prefered would be a good location. We are looking at 8 or 9 for our ocean view preferred.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
5. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Actually, building 5 and 3 are good locations for a tropical view as well. The floor you are on is a factor too.

Tropical view at Secrets Cap Cana doesn't necessarily mean that you will be facing trees. It can also be that you are on the 2nd & 3rd floor with a pool view and a bit of ocean. My friends had a non-preferred Tropical view in building 5. Their view was of the pool and they can see the ocean.

My non-preferred Tropical view room was in Building 3 (not the section that faced the Hyatt). I was on the 3rd floor facing the pool and I had a partial ocean view.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
6. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Agree that bldg. 1 and 3 (the ones on the inside) would be good location too. Note that the bldg. 1 and 3 on the outside may still be affected by the Hyatt construction as they seem to be delayed. Was supposed to open on Nov 1st but looks like this will not be happening. So could be an issue if travelling in November or December for those 2 bldgs.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
7. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

This is why I said the section of Building 3 that faces away from the Hyatt. When you look on the map, building 3 has 2 sections-one that faces the Hyatt/ocean and the other faces the ocean/non-preferred pool.

I specifically requested the section of Building 3 that faces the non-preferred pool/ocean. My request was granted and my "tropical view" was pretty nice :-).

I was there during construction and I wasn't affected by any noise in my room. By the time the OP goes, construction will most likely be done anyways. I would not request Building 1 at all for non-preferred. I personally don't like the location.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
8. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

I always find this the fun part of researching a new resort. Trying to come up with a location for the room (subject to availability of course) that we would prefer. Right now I am trying to debate between bldg. 8 and 9, top floor for our ocean view. As I remember, the sun rises over the ocean and goes right towards the mainland so my take would be that ocean view rooms in bldg. 9 would have the sun a bit longer in the morning due to its angle. Not sure if bldg. 10 is high enough to cause view obstruction though.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
11 reviews
39 helpful votes
9. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

Thanks for all the help. I do always find myself wondering if a request of a certain building lowers my chances of a free upgrade. I will be happy with any location. Just looking forward to vacation!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
55 reviews
105 helpful votes
10. Re: Tropical view rooms at Secrets Cap Cana
Save

I always do building requests, Darlene. In my experience, that has had no affect on my comp upgrades. I've been pretty lucky at them. You just gotta do your research ;-)

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.