We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel forums

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Travel forums
Save

Is there any such forums where you can connect with people travelling at the same time to Punta Cana?

Gf and I are going but looking to make friends with people travelling at the same time (yes we will at resort) but always nice to chat and connect.

Safe travels everyone

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel forums
Save

Many folks use this forum and post a "Roll Call" indicating dates and resort they are visiting as a mean to connect with others visiting at the same time.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
50,649 posts
8 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel forums
Save

You can start a thread here on the Punta Cana forum with dates and hotel location of your stay in heading where I am sure others that will be there around your dates will add their post and connect with you.

Angie.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
10 reviews
34 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel forums
Save

On Facebook, there's a group fan page for pretty much any resort. That would be your best bet to connect with people who will be in Punta Cana at the same time as you AND staying at your resort.

New York
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
91 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: Travel forums
Save

I would ask when you are going but

I guess it is August 3.....

I am 9 days away

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
497 posts
550 reviews
108 helpful votes
5. Re: Travel forums
Save

Agree with #3 - - join a Facebook page group for the resort you are going to. Resorts don't want you to come to them if you haven't paid to be there, hence all of the bracelets. It can cost over $100 for a day pass, so making friends with people who are going to be at another resort could be a spendy proposition!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
16,555 posts
29 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: Travel forums
Save

Totally, go to a resort facebook page, choose one that's very active, as sometimes there's more than one... loads of feedback there and meet ups, chit chat etc

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Travel forums
Save

Hi we are thinking of renting in Punta Cana for 6 weeks and wanted to find out about restaurants, beach bars, grocery stores and thing to do outside of the all-inclusive and hotels. We are active seniors and like to walk on a daily basis, cook and explore what is available locally.

murillo
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
8. Re: Travel forums
Save

what area are you looking at .?

https://debbokay.slickpic.com/share/wMzjcMTY3O1IcN/albums/Punta-Cana-And-Area-Maps/photos/11445244/maps-all-combined/?wallpaper

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Travel forums
Save

Hi, thanks for answering. A lot of the Airbnb's we looked at are close to the Punta Cana airport but we are open to suggestions.

Scranton...
2 posts
10. Re: Travel forums
Save

Hi are you guys thinking of traveling this fall. Gf and I are going to rui republica in punta cana. Dec 1 to 6

It's nice meeting people

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.