We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Gatineau, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

I have been to Dreams La Romana twice and last year stayed at Now Onyx. I was considering the Majestic Colonial for this year. Has anyone been to both DLR and Majestic? I am specifically wondering about the food and service. I would be booking the Colonial Club at Majestic. Thanks for the replies.

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
8 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Been to both and enjoyed both. Would go to MC since it is always nice to go to somewhere new. The food and service is compatible to DLR.

Edited: June 18, 2018, 10:51 pm
Gatineau, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Thanks for the quick reply!!! If we book Majestic, is it worth it to go to Elegance over Colonial?

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Would go to the ME where it is more upscale than the MC. Book the club section with either Majestic resort you go to if you can.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

We stayed at Majestic Elegance 5 years ago, had 40 people there with us for our wedding, everyone absolutely loved it! We are considering going back in January as well. Food, service, staff, entertainment were all great, hoping it hasn't changed!

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
17,211 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

When choosing between the Caribbean coast at Bayahibe and the Atlantic coast at Punta Cana you should read and research the amount of seagrass on the Atlantic beaches and whether this impacts swimming off the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Nathalie - we went to DLR a few years ago and loved it - except for the small beach. We thought we might go back. The next year we went to Majestic Elegance Club and we are now looking at booking our 9th return trip in a row back to either the ME or the MC. I would say we found the food over all a tad better at Dreams - but everything else we found better at the Majestic - especially the rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
17,211 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Gatineau, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Thanks for the info. It's helpful when people that reply have actually been there. I didn't mind the small beach and I loved the calm water. Loved Now Onyx but ocean was rough. Any advice on Paradisus punta Cana?

Mentioned in this post
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Paradisus Punta Cana...
14,792 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial

Why don't you look at a hotel on Dominicus beach - which is much longer. There are at least eight to choose from. The Iberostar Hacienda is very good. You'll get the calm, blue water and little, if any, seagrass.

Mentioned in this post
Dominicus Beach
Dominicus Beach
62 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,523 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Dreams La Romana or Majestic Colonial
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted