We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

Me and my fiancé have narrowed it down to breathless and excellence. I’m thinking breathless because we do like nightlife and we don’t want to be back in the room every night by midnight. However I’m just concerned and wondering can you get away from the noise at breathless? Is it constantly gonna be loud clubbing music? We would like to be able to sit on the beach peacefully at some points and hear the waves. Will we constantly hear loud noises from our room as well? Just concerned about some bad reviews I’ve been reading about too much partying and dirty rooms with bugs etc.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

We stayed at the now onyx and that's breathless's sister resort so you can get the best of both spots.. And we loved the breathless to party at then go pass out in peace at the onyx. The now onyx is a very nice resort .. hope this helps

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

Note that Onyx is a family resort so there will be kids. The beach at Breathless can be quite active as they have many activities and events there. However, depending on where your room is, there are quiet areas. You could also have a look at CHIC which is a lively, modern resort but not quite as big as Breathless.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,015 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Sharon, MA
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

Just leaving Breathless. It was beautiful. Clean and plenty of quiet places to go. I travelled with adult children. We enjoyed quiet days on the beach and fun nights. There are pools for every interest. We stayed in exhale club and enjoyed it.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,015 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
257 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?

We enjoyed the party scene at Breathless, but were we to go there again, we'd stay at the Onyx next door. As said, all of the same access, with a little less intensity! Go next door for the party, or stay and chill. One problem at Breathless was the beach music they blared at the chairs was full of expletives and the "N-Word," in the music. We didn't find that appealing so we stayed by the pools or walked down the beach a ways.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,015 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Reply to: BREATHLESS or excellence? Poor reviews for breathless?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;