We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess PC

Stuarts Draft...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Princess PC

How does this resort compare to Excellence EC?

4 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess PC

Excellence is much more upscale. PPC is a nice budget minded resort.

Stuarts Draft...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess PC

Thanks foodman!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess PC

I was booked here for July 1st and switched due to the reasoning that I'd rather pay a little bit more and experience a lot more Perks etc.. I haven't gotten to TRS yet but I am super excited now where before I wasn't depending on everybody's budget you do what you have to do but I bit the bullet and spent a little bit more

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess PC

Excellence Punta Cana (EPC) is a better resort The food is better the liquor is top shelf the main pool is bigger and the entertainment is slightly better...But....

The beach at EPC is nice but because of the surf unless your a very strong swimmer it's not the place to go into the water ,THe sand color is more brownish at EPC If swimming in the water (Or just splashing in the waves) are a priority you might want to rethink it.

Punta Cana Princess (PCP) is on a very nice white sand beach where you can swim and splash in the waves. You have some international brands of booze and they do have some canned beer. (Miller and Coors when we were there). Rooms are just as big as EPC and the food at the restaurants you'll find one or 2 good selections at each restaurant.They do have a small show some nights while other nights you can get a golf cart or walk over to the Caribe/Tropical Princess to catch there big show.

From a price point if I was to go the first week of July the difference would be about $500-$600 per couple for a week. between the 2 resorts. If I booked EPC's excellence club upgrade it would be more. Is it worth it? that depends You get more waiter an d waitress service at EPC but 50% of the time your not getting what you ordered. Mostly due to language differences,Or you can walk to the bar and get it yourself. PCP is all self serve aka walk to the bar. At least at PCP you'll get you want within there limited selection.

The choice is yours

Reply to: Princess PC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted