We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Watsontown...
4 posts
Save Topic
The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Anyone else staying here this October?

11 replies to this topic
murillo
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Nope ... guess you'll have the resort to yourself...lol... We were there in March ..anything you want to know..? Lotsa ppl go there year after year.

Halifax, Nova...
Level Contributor
766 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Is the Level worth the extra $3-400 pp to stay at instead of the Melia?

Portland
Level Contributor
256 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Have not stayed at Melia side, But would not stay anywhere besides the Level,,,LOVE it,,,

Mentioned in this post
The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical
The Level at Melia...
5,779 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
676 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

My wife and I stayed at the Level AO this past May. It was our first time at this resort. We loved it and definitely feel that the upgrade to the Level was well worth it. The adults only beach and pool alone made it worth it. Chairs on the beach and at the pool were plentiful. People did pay the towel game, but it wasn't necessary.

Happy to answer any specific questions you nay have.

Mentioned in this post
The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical
The Level at Melia...
5,779 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Watsontown...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

We were there last in October, 2016. Was wondering how they came through the hurricane last year and I see some of the restaurants were listed as closed for renovations. Are the open now?

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
676 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Two of the restaurants were damaged by a fire. They had not reopened when I was there in May.

Maplewood, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

Hi I’m going July 8th. Level adults. How was the food and is the golf cart transportation really accessible? Also did you tip well? And if so did you get better service because of your tips?

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
676 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

I thought the food was very good, better than I expected after reading reviews. I found the golf carts to be ery accessible. You can call to have one pick you up and they'll be along shortly. We found that if we just went out and waited, either a golf cart or trai would be along soon.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

We did 2 weeks in Feb ..Mar with the first 2 nights not in the Level.. We paid $50 a night each to up grade the next 12 nights but don't know if we would do it again.. same food .. same rooms.. We like being close to the beach and having the better booze , but found it hard to get some times.. this was our 2nd 2 week vacation at the Level.Every meal up front was really good.. tipping every 2nd round is plenty..

Edited: June 12, 2018, 8:43 pm
Halifax, Nova...
Level Contributor
766 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October

So when u say you wouldn’t upgrade again does that mean you would just stay at the Melia? I’m not sure the extra they want to stay at the Level is really worth it.

Reply to: The Level Adults only Melia Caribe this October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted