We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

I just returned home from a 6 day stay at a Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything that you want in regards to this resort, the airport, the drive to and from the resort, beach, etc. and I’ll answer the questions based on my experience.

Just to be clear, I hate that our stay was for 6 days only, I honestly wish it would have been a bit longer, but, lesson learned.

40 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

Did you have children with you during this stay? How was the food? Any bad experience at all? Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

No. I did not have any children with me. However, they were other people who did have children during their stay. The majority of the guests were couples and groups. However, you do get a good number of families as well. I would say the environment is family friendly.

They do offer an upgrade if you are looking for your stay to be Adult Only.

Overall, the food was great. I did not eat at Passions, Palapa or Fuego so I cannot speak for them.

There is a buffet restaurant that does not require a reservation for dinner, Gabi Beach. They literally have any type of food to accomadate any guest.

During my stay, Gabi Beach and Naos were open for breakfast and lunch. Any other restaurant was only open for dinner and reservations were needed.

Aqua was okay.

Mole was pretty good except for something that I will talk about later on.

The Grill, it was okay, portions for sides were very small, but the steak was cooked to my liking so I cannot complain.

Now, my worst experience at the resort, while eating at Mole, my legs were bitten all over even after I sprayed Off! on them.

I was not the only guest dealing with this issue as many other guests were scratching and itching as they ate their dinner. At first, I thought they were mosquitoes but after seeing the aftermath on my legs, I’m beginning to think that it may have been fleas that bit us all over our legs and ankles.

The resort has a few cats roaming throughout the property so perhaps fleas would make sense.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

How was the Noas buffet? Last time I was there, it was pretty small. Is it bigger now? What did you think of the food in general? Did you enjoy the tropical vibe at the resort?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

Naos is still very small. But I enjoyed the breakfast more than I did at Gabi. Plus, because it is so small, I felt that we were in and out of there far quicker than we would at Gabi.

I definitely enjoyed the tropical vibe. Perfect weather all around as well. Last night around 11PM EST, we had a rainstorm and wow, did it sound amazing and soothing as the rain fell on all the palm trees and plants outside my balcony. Storm ran for about 15 mins and then it was over.

Overall, the food was great. I only negative was the experience with the bug bites at Mole. And I’m sure anyone else who ate there this week and sees this post can attest to it.

The drinks were hit and miss. At the beach, I felt that the drinks were weak, but then at the restaurants, the drinks were pretty strong.

Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

I never went to Noas for breakfast. Now I'll have to go back. How did you enjoy the beach and/or pool?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

How bad is the sargassum/ seaweed? I can handle seaweed (used to Galveston), but some reviews are saying the water isn't swimmable on some days. I'm planning on staying at Paradisus Palma Real July 24-30th, but considering changing to La Romano area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

What excursions were offered at the hotel? Any recommendations?

Edited: June 11, 2018, 8:13 am
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

Kellie,

I agree. I do look forward to coming back in the future as well. The beach was beautiful, I took a picture of the beach by Gabi Beach and all of my friends said it was postcard quality. The beach was exactly what I was looking for and it wasn't crowded with swimmers like the other resorts that could be seen far off in the distance. Its beach property is very long and plenty of room for everyone. We did not spend much time in the main pool until the last two days, but I was very pleased with it as well. They had a swim up bar, water volleyball netting set up and the pool was not deep by any means. The water in the pool was pretty comfortable as well. It was not ice cold as other pools that Ive been in the past.

Coopandmyvacations,

The seaweed is there of course. I wouldn't say its bad as Galveston (I'm from Texas too and I've been there).

While I was there, the groundskeeper crew would clean the beach around 9AM local time of all the seaweed that washed ashore the night before. After that moment, the beach is clean and the waters are beautiful and clear and ready to be swam in. However, I will say that around, 2PM local time, the seaweed will begin to wash ashore all over again and at that point, you will not see a large number of swimmers. It didn't bother us anyways, at 2PM, we headed off to Gabi Beach to have lunch at the buffet. Burgers, hot dogs and drinks are also served at the beach if you do not wish to go to the buffet for lunch. This is based off my stay at Paradisus Punta Cana though, so I can't really speak for Palma Real thought, but I'd imagine that they would be around the same since it is Paradisus.

bjmiller000,

After we checked in, the next day we went back to confirm our departure transfer and that point, they spoke to us about the many excursions that they offered. We asked which excursions are the most popular and they said that the dolphin encounter/swim, the offload dune buggy experience and the the sail to another beach, Catalina, were the top three requested choices.

However, they offered parasailing, water sports like kayak, there were a couple of safari excursions, a pirate themed excursion, snorkeling, zip lining, an excursion to a swimming hole called the blue hole as well, and I believe that I may have seen some golfing as well. There were plenty of excursions and you can set them up in the lobby when speaking with your representative of your travel agency. We used Costco Travel so we had to meet with Blue Travel and that's who provided us with the information regarding the excursions.

We did not get to do any excursions as we just wanted to relax and hang out by the beach and pool all day.

But I would say that the off road dune buggy and parasailing caught my attention.

valdosta
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

We arrive in 18 days! So excited!!!

1. Did you have trouble getting dinner reservations?

2. We are regular room - no upgrade to royal or reserve. Will we be ok finding shaded beach palapas?

3. Are there beach vendors within walking distance that offer beach massage or would we need to go to another area?

THANKS so much!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.

loridreams,

That's awesome! You guys will enjoy it.

Regarding dinner reservations, we did not have any issues making reservations. However, the first day that we arrived, we decided to just eat at Gabi Beach (buffet). The next day, when we confirmed our departure in the lobby, we spoke with another lady in the lobby, I believe it was Guest Services, well, she helped us out by making the dinner reservations for the entire week.

We did not do the upgrade either. I felt that we were probably only going to be in the hotel room at night, so it wasn't. a big deal for us. Regarding finding shaded beach palapas, yes, you will be able to find a shaded palapa for your day at the beach. However, I will advise, that if you do want one in the front row (closest to the beach), to get there very early to claim one. The closest we got were on the second row and honestly, I didn't feel any different than I would have from the first row. I was there to enjoy a relaxing day at the beach.

There are beach vendors walking up and down the beach. However, I never saw any beach vendors for a massage. The vendors that I saw were for water sports like parasailing, pictures with Macaws and/or monkeys, paintings, jewelry/beads and cigars.

In regards, to a hut for a massage, I did not see any.

They do have a spa at the resort and they told us that we could schedule a massage if we wanted to. Im sure that it will be an additional cost to this service though.

Reply to: Just got back from Paradisus Punta Cana. Ask me anything.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted