We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

Ponte Vedra Beach...
13 posts
Save Topic
Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

Can anyone advise what hotels they’ve gotten on this deal? It states you will get Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavarro, Secrets Royal Beach, Secrets Cap Cana it Breathless Punta Cana. Just searching on dates for those for hotels, there seems to be a pretty significant price difference between them. Just wondering what some of you have received in the past if you’ve booked this deal. It’s a good deal and really any of them would be fine, just curious.Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
10,900 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Secrets Royal Beach...
10,793 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
Sanctuary Cap Cana by...
5,169 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,035 Reviews
Dominican Republic
6 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

My wife and I did this deal and we got Breathless. We got back about a week ago. We saved a few hundred dollars over just booking Breathless. I would have been happy with any of the resorts so I didn't have a problem booking it. Cheap Caribbean let us know we got Breathless a week in advance but some people don't find out until they get to the airport.

I was happy with the deal and wouldn't hesitate to do the deal again. Breathless was great. Looking at other posts on this, I would guess people get Breathless about 70% of the time and Secrets Royal Beach the other 30%. A handful of people may get Secrets Cap Cana and nobody gets Iberostar Grand because it isn't in the AM Resorts group like the others.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
Sanctuary Cap Cana by...
5,169 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
10,900 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

We go next Tuesday, and we got a confirmation email 7 days before departure telling us we were going to Breathless. I will write a review when we return.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,035 Reviews
Dominican Republic
evans, ga
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

We are going July 6-12 on this deal. Emailed breathless last week and they confirmed we are booked with them. Cheap Caribbean should remove iberostar Grand from the list since I have never seen anyone in this forum or other forums who went to IG on this deal . Cheap Caribbean acts like they do not know where you are going until 7 days out but they book you immediately and keep you in suspense until

The last minute.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
10,900 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

I've recently heard of people being switched the day of. Just depends on last minute bookings sometimes. If a large group books a resort last minute then you can be sent to another resort.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
257 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

Search this topic - - there's a string with several hundered entries! . . . I've read them all! Let me summarize: You will never get Iberostar. Most people get Breathless. From time to time there is a little batch of people going to the other two locations. Booking codes have nothing to do with your assignment. ANY of the three are great locations and you'll be happy to made the choice! If you can't handle the wait, some of us called the resort to ask about an upgrade - - this way you can find out if you are in their cue. We found out we were Breathless about 2 months in advance this way . . . I just wouldn't bank on it not changing.

Go for it and have fun saving money!

Edited: June 14, 2018, 12:44 am
Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,355 Reviews
Dominican Republic
evans, ga
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean

Good summary! We used this deal for riviera maya last year and ended up at Breathless puerto Morelos. Resort was great but beach is horrible. Using the deal

This July for Punta Cana . Don’t think

Any of the four choices would disappoint.

I have also read a lot of the reviews for this deal and no one has every gotten IG!

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,035 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Deal of Fortune 5 Sun deal on Cheap Caribbean
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana