We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Ambar Green A La Cartes and Closures

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Best Ambar Green A La Cartes and Closures

Hi Everyone,

A friend and I will be heading down to the Ambar Green in August, but I heard it is best to book your a la cartes ahead, so you get exactly what you want. I will probably be making my reservations mid-july and so I just wanted to get some feedback about the A la carte restaurants. Which restaurants would you recommend? which restaurants would you avoid? We are going for 2 weeks and will want some good places reserved twice. I personally have a shellfish/fish allergy if this helps in providing guidance (I can eat everything else, and my friend doesn't have any food restrictions). Also, does anybody know which ones will be closed down due to the Ambar Blue renos? Thanks for the help :)

Montserrat Manor Restaurant
₱₱₱₱, Steakhouse, Seafood, Japanese
Ciao
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Italian
2 replies to this topic
Warminster...
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Ambar Green A La Cartes and Closures

To the right of this page is an email request question. It’ll take you to a link posted by Brooklin. He’s our Bahia expert. You can send an email to Albania and she’ll take care of you. Brooklin can answer any questions you may have. He’s been there many many times. Try messageing him.

Chris

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Ambar Green A La Cartes and Closures

We were there in December of 2016. I did book my reservations about 2 weeks in advance. I gave them a 1st and 2nd choice for each night. In most cases we got our first choice.

We at the the Brazilian Steak House, Rodzio the first night we were there. We loved it so much, our butler was able to change our reservation and get us in the last night too.

We also ate at Don Pablo the French restaurant. The food was very good, but small portions (the guys hit the buffet after)

We really liked the Italian restaurant in Amber Blue ( I don't remember its name), and Makitdo (the Japanese steak house over in bavaro)

The only one we didn't like was El Pescador (either in Bavaro or Punta Cana) the food wasn't great and the whole building smelled.

We heard really good things about the Garden Grill, and I believe a new Asian restaurant opened up by the top of Amber Green.

Hope that was helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Best Ambar Green A La Cartes and Closures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted