We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Hi all

We are normally regular visitors to the North coast of the DR but that is not available next year, so we are considering PC

I have looked at the Bavaro Princess and the reviews look good and I was looking for some feedback from anyone who has been

Are there any other hotels that are in this price range that are worth a look at ?

Tui seems to have dropped all Iberostar hotels around the world, so that is not an option as that was our favourite hotel in the North coast

Thanks in advance for your help

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,362 Reviews
Dominican Republic
11 replies to this topic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,135 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Bavaro Princess is a decent resort. I would not say it is up to the standards of Iberostar, but hardly a poor choice. You should enjoy your stay.

Cheers,

PCMike

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Bavaro Princess is a decent resort. I am guessing you have been to Iberostar Costa Dorada. We started going to DR and went to Puerta Plata several times and stayed at IB Costa Dorada twice and loved it. But we now have been to PC over a dozen times and have never gone back north since. Bavaro Princess is much larger than Costa Dorada but has great rooms , an awesome beach and great staff. Food was quite good. I think this would be a great place to see PC for first time.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Hi bobroswill

Yes we did stay at the ICD many times and loved it. From the UK after October,there are no more flights to the North with any carrier, so all the UK residents who love the DR will have to go to PC

In your opinion, are there any other resorts we could have a look at in the same price range ?

Thanks again for your reply

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Hi Paul......I would have a look at Caribe Club Princess as well. More similar in size to ICD. Upgrade to VIP as it is affordable and you would find buildings and rooms similar to ICD. nice beach with several pools.

Ocean Blue is nice resort with great pools, but beach is not as nice and may not be good first resort to see the beautiful beaches of PC.

Palladium Resorts are awesome but is huge. You stay at one and play at three. Lots to do.

What are your wants in a resort?

Mentioned in this post
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Caribe Club Princess...
5,953 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,980 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,143 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Just adults or children going?

Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Hi bobroswill

Clean, good food and entertainment and friendly staff are out main wants really

Paul

Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Foodman

Just adults going, youngest around 24

Edited: June 08, 2018, 10:35 pm
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,143 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

Check out Majestic Elegance , Riu Palace Macao and Catalonia Royal Bavaro [ entertainment at it's sister resort ].

Edited: June 08, 2018, 11:53 pm
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
4,427 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Catalonia Royal Bavaro
6,541 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bavaro Princess or other recommendation

I went to Bavaro Princess last December for the first time. I liked it a lot. It was definitely 'ME'. The grounds are quite beautiful. Similar to Paradisus, Iberostar Bavaro and Melia(individual buildings sitting on acres of tropical gardens) I am going back in September. Trying to get my uncle to go with me. It is a more quiet resort. Not a ton of nighttime entertainment as I recall, but I don't stay up late so that was not an issue. You won't find a better beach in Punta Cana. I enjoyed the food as well. The Majestic Elegance is going to have more entertainment (day and evening) and a WAY better looking lobby, but I like the beach better at the BP, cause the water is extra shallow. lol I can't say anything about the food at the Elegance because I haven't been there in years and food quality changes. Don't forget to look at the resorts' pictures on tripadvisor. Gives you an idea of the atmosphere.

Edited: June 10, 2018, 11:43 am
Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,362 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic