We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel card - help!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel card - help!

Hi, traveling to PC next week and wanted to buy the $10 travel/tourist card ahead of time, like I did when we went last April. However, when I am getting to the site to do so, it is all in spanish and I am unable to navigate it to buy the cards. Does anyone have a WORKING link to do this in English please? Thank you in advance!

Edited: June 07, 2018, 6:08 am
8 replies to this topic
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel card - help!

Hi sorry I have no info but I’m curious as to what the travel card is? Never been to Punta Cana but I remember traveling to the Caribbean else where I believe I had to pay 20 dollars . If I can pay before hand and possibly save time please fill me in

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel card - help!

I just read in another post that said starting April 2018 the 10 dollar tourist card fee will be included in your flight purchase

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,153 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel card - help!

Can not buy the tourist card online anymore since it has been closed to buy it. Do not worry about it since they may not be collecting them when you land since it should be included in the airline ticket price as of April 2018.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel card - help!

Oh so is this true? You cannot buy it online anymore? I see that you can link to it on the airport site, however it is in spanish and I cannot do that, haha! I bought my flight prior to April.

Kansas
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel card - help!

We arrived June 5 (4th time) and no one was collecting money/tourist cards. We’d previously purchased cards online but opted not to this time. Saved us $20!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel card - help!

Keep $10 PP handy just in case they collect it. If not it’s a bonus.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,135 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel card - help!

"Saved us $20!" Actually...you still paid for it in your ticket price. Now, perhaps you purchased your flight early enough, that it was not part of the breakdown...but all tickets from April 2018 forward have it as part of your ticket price...which would be adjusted accordingly to cover the cost.

Cheers,

PCMike

Kansas
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel card - help!

PCMike,

We booked our flights in January and it was not included in our airfare. We did have $10pp in hand in case they were collecting but, as I mentioned, no one was taking money.

Reply to: Travel card - help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
;