We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Views from plane coming in/out

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
41 reviews
Views from plane coming in/out

We are just about to book our seats on the plane and I wonder which side of the plane we should book to get the best views of the island on the way in and out?

We are coming from the UK in Feb 2019.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
316 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Views from plane coming in/out

i've had the best views from the right side of the plane.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Views from plane coming in/out

Right side coming in and left leaving once leaving I was able to take photo of our hotel :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Views from plane coming in/out

Coming from the UK, your flight usually takes one of 2 different tracks inbound.

Track one brings you in over Uvero Alto (Dreams, Excellence, Sirenis...etc). The left side of the plane will give you a short glimpse of Uvero Alto and Playa Macao, before crossing some somewhat uninteresting land prior to your final approach (about 12 minutes). The right side will give you a short beach view to the northwest along the undeveloped coastline and a better view of the mountains and rolling countryside.

Track 2 brings you in with a 180-degree approach, just north of the airport and enters land just over the Barcelo- Melia area. Either side will provide a brief view of the main resort region before completing a 180 degree half turn in for the final approach.

You may have some deviation to the two listed approaches, but 90% of the time it will be one or the other when flying from the UK.

CHeers,

PuntaCanaMike

carlisle
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Views from plane coming in/out

We have sat on both sides and had a nice view 😎

Reply to: Views from plane coming in/out
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana