We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Punta Cana

Butler, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Christmas in Punta Cana

Hello, My family of 4 (2 boys ages 23 & 18) are thinking of coming for Christmas and would like to know if the resorts do anything special for the holiday and would appreciate any recommendations for what is the best resort to stay. We are not looking for expensive but like to have fun, participate in activities, drink, shows and the boys love to play volley ball on the beach. Thanks so much for your anticipated advice!

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

Most resorts will have Christmas gala dinners, also as your son's are over 18 you should consider a adults only resort.

Enjoy 👌🏽

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

Christmas week is the most expensive week to go.

All resorts will be decorated and have special dinners.

Butler, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

Great, thanks so much! I do realize it will be a bit more expensive over Christmas and have started looking at some resorts. You mentioned Adults only AI's can you suggest any? One resort I was very interested was the Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites.

As a side note, last year we were in Aruba for Christmas and the year before at the Riu montego bay Jamaica which was a blast! This is our first trip to DR and I'm sure the boys, my husband and I like the nightlife.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Bavaro...
10,528 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Hotel Riu Bambu
Hotel Riu Bambu
6,300 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

The Palladium isn't adult only (the Royal Suite Turquesa section is) but is a great resort with lots to do for young adults and on a beautiful beach.

Butler, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,145 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

Most resorts have a big Christmas Eve gala and many activities. Always found Jamaica was much better than the DR for Christmas . Take a look at Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,928 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Dutzow, Missouri
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

We are looking for the same trip for our family, kids are 18 and 20. We are looking at Breathless Punta Cana, or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Montego Bay or Melia Nassau Bahamas! I feel like no wrong answer though! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,041 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in Punta Cana

My 20+ yr od daughter and I stayed at the Royal suites Turquesa (now upgraded to TRs) at the Palladium one Christmas. It is a big step up in terms of food and drinks from the family side. You have full access to three other resorts for additional day and night entertainment. The Christmas Eve Gala was amazing.

Reply to: Christmas in Punta Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana