We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me pick!

Vancouver
10 posts
Help me pick!
Save

Trying to pick a hotel!

Majestic Colonial vs Royalton Bavaro?

2 adults travelling with 3&6 year old kids and some extended family (adults).

Important to have great beach where we don't need to be out at 6am to reserve.

Kids area or kids club would be nice.

Decent food of course.

Anyone have any opinions to help me decide between the two?

Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Pretty much next to each other so beach would be very similar. Would go with Royalton which is brand new and gives you access to the other Royalton and Memories Splash waterpark if staying in Diamond Club.

murillo
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Help me pick!
Save

which one has better price..when you going..?

Vancouver
10 posts
3. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Travelling in November. Waiting for quote from travel agent but I think the Majestic Colonial is a bit more affordable.

Vancouver
10 posts
4. Re: Help me pick!
Save

So turns out the Royalton is actually $300 cheaper then Majestic😦 Ugh I just cannot make up my mind.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
210 reviews
680 helpful votes
5. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Would go with the Royalton. Only reason it is cheaper than Majestic Colonial is because it is brand new and recently opened. In the future it will be higher than the Majestic.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
210 reviews
680 helpful votes
6. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Would go with the Royalton. Only reason it is cheaper than Majestic Colonial is because it is brand new and recently opened. In the future it will be higher than the Majestic. You can go to the Majestic next vacation if you want.

murillo
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
3 reviews
19 helpful votes
7. Re: Help me pick!
Save

all the bugs will be out of any new resort in 6 months... I'd go with the newer one for $300 .. beds .. loungers.. everything brand new.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
342 posts
9 reviews
14 helpful votes
8. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Go with Royalton Bavaro, i'll be there in July God Willing and can't wait

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
9. Re: Help me pick!
Save

$300 cheaper, would go for Royalton for sure. Have you looked into Diamond Club?

Vancouver
10 posts
10. Re: Help me pick!
Save

Thank you all for your responses! I haven't looked into diamond club yet. Some reviews say it isn't worth the added cost...any opinions?

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.