We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating Beach Mats

New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
Floating Beach Mats

Do most resorts have those rubber mats that you can lay on and float in the ocean with? Are they included with the AI or do you have to rent them or should I buy my own blow up float? Is the water calm enough to just float?

Does Sunscape have them?

This was my favorite thing about my vacation to Aruba and hoping PC has it too!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
12 reviews
36 helpful votes
11. Re: Floating Beach Mats

emt: ha! floating out to sea! that's funny, I can see it now, rum drink in my hand, listening to the waves, then uh oh, I don't hear people any more, oh no! I'm out to sea!

yeah, we'll be careful, we really can't sit out in the sun that long anyway...

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
21 helpful votes
12. Re: Floating Beach Mats

hahahah, my friend and I would be layin back on them chattin away... then one of us would look up and see that we were wayyyyyyy up the beach, or out a bit further than we thought ........ no big deal, we would just lazily paddle back.

One time, my floaty went over the rope that was around the perimiter of where the hotel wanted you to swim (so you wouldnt get run over by a boat or somethin) and the sudden feeling of somethng under me scared the crap out of me, hahahaha. I thought my friend was gonna choke she was laughin so hard at me!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
12 reviews
36 helpful votes
13. Re: Floating Beach Mats

jamaica: omg! People at my work are looking at me funny as I burst into laughter!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
14. Re: Floating Beach Mats

We just bought 2 "Spring Floats" at Target. They are compact for traveling.

target.com/gp/…

Hope this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
505 posts
2 reviews
34 helpful votes
15. Re: Floating Beach Mats

Thanks for the Target url! I will need 2 of these plus a life vest for my 9 year old. Isn't it funny how kids just love to bob around in the water while us moms prefer to float?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
62 helpful votes
16. Re: Floating Beach Mats

In Toronto they are 19.99 at Canadian Tire and fit in your suitcase. You are right though -they are hard to get back in the mesh case - last year the zipper broke on the case because I could not stuff it back in the right way....but it sure was the best thing for the pool

Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
17. Re: Floating Beach Mats

Yes, Sunscape (the Beach) has the mats (free) for use in the pools, but you can't take them in the ocean. We brought cheapo blow up mats for the ocean and just left them there when we went home. You'll love Sunscape. -Hoosier

18. Re: Floating Beach Mats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 29, 2009, 2:19 pm