We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry
Save

Any MA travelers on here that found a location that is doing the nasopharyngeal testing as required in the Barbados travel protocols? I am not able to find any locations in my area (Springfield) that do this kind of testing (all are anterior nasal swabs) but willing to go anywhere in the state. Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry
Save

I’m not sure they will know the difference as long as it’s a nasal swab done at a testing location and not a home test. We have traveled during covid and always did the same nasal swab test, not even knowing which kind it is. (I assume one is the shallow nose swab and the other is the deeper nasal swab?)

Edited: December 01, 2021, 8:59 am
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry
Save

Hi. the photos on line show the nasal swab you are talking about the same thing that happens here.. .. try when talking to the place, ask it's it's a RT-PCR with a long swab.. ALSO ask if they can show you a sample of what the result will actually say. I know people who have came in with a form that says Nasal Swab and they have done then here.. and it's the same swab. I've had about 5 swabs and they all are the same.. one I wasn't even sure of because it didn't even seem to go up into my brain like the others...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
3. Re: Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry
Save

Thank you. I have done that and, unfortunately, they all say "anterior nasal swab" and none say "nasopharyngeal." None of our test sites - not even our hospitals - are doing the long swab test anymore and I just read that the CDC will be discontinuing this as a test at the end of the year. Sigh.

Reply to: Massachusetts Traveler Seeking Test Site to Comply w/Entry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.