We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?

4 posts
Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Save

Hi all, we have a trip to Anguilla planned for May 26-30. All this could go out the window if the border remains closed, but if the lockdown is lifted and we are able to travel there -- I'm getting different info from different sites and it's starting to make my head spin.

From anyone who has traveled to Anguilla during COVID, I'm hoping you can help clear up some questions:

1. We are flying into SXM and will take the airport ferry to Anguilla. JetBlue said we can take a rapid test when we arrive at the airport (day of). But I see on St. Maarten's website https://stmaartenehas.com/ that we have to upload our test results and also fill out a self-health declaration form all prior to arrival, which would suggest we need to do this 24-72 hours ahead of time and not at the airport. Is this true or will a rapid test at the airport pass St. Maarten customs?

2. Does this test satisfy Anguilla's requirements as well? I just spoke with a rep at Cap Juluca who said we would be tested at our port of arrival and would quarantine in our room until those test results come in. So it sounds to me like two separate negative tests - one for St. Maarten and one for Anguilla?

3. Cap Juluca wants to charge $95/person round trip to take us to/from the ferry port. Seems steep for a 15 min drive. Are taxis on the island reliable/safe?

Any insight is greatly appreciated -- thanks so much!

4 replies to this topic
Southwick...
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Save

Not sure on 1 & 2.

3. Yes that price is steep. An approved taxi will be available at the ferry port for about half that cost.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
991 posts
33 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Save

JetBlue seems wrong to me. SXM's Covid requirements are here-

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

Either a PCR 120 hours or less before departure, or an antigen 48 hours or less before departure, is what I gather from reading.

Anguilla's test requirements are very particular (it has to be a RT-PCR and may not be self-administered, even if in the presence of a professional, like CVS's drive through).

I would recommend emailing your Anguilla rep as they are extremely knowledgeable and can help walk you through.

That transfer price is outrageous. Taxis are fixed-fare and reliable. I don't have the island fare map handy but it's fixed by zone and a taxi from Blowing Point (ferry) to CJ should be around $25 each way IIRC.

4 posts
3. Re: Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Save

Good to know -- thank you for the help!!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
722 posts
4. Re: Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Save

and, if you can find the taxi dispatch person at the Blowing Pt. ferry terminal and tell them where you’re going, they’ll give you a piece of paper with your destination written on it AND the taxi fare so you know in advance what your ride is going to be. And, the dispatch person will connect you with a driver.

It helps take away the $$ uncertainty by giving you the correct price.

Reply to: Anguilla requirements in a COVID world?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.