We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight layovers and insights

north carolina
Level Contributor
336 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
Flight layovers and insights
Save

Delta seems to fly from ATL to Puerto Rico to Anguilla. Does anyone know if you have a layover in PR if you have to have any other documentation due to Covid? And if your flight stops in St. Martin, do you need something special while waiting for your flight over to Anguilla?

Thanks all!

6 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,772 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

I would not fly into Puerto Rico, too many cancelled flights from PR to AXA, and then you are stuck.

Fly into SXM, they require a Covid test, which you would also need for travel to Anguilla - two tests.

north carolina
Level Contributor
336 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

Ellen, thank you and great insight about PR.

What is the process to fly into Anguilla. I am getting SO confused.

You get the portal done for Anguilla but you also need to do one for St Martin since you are flying out of there???

Looks like a flight SXM and then get on another local airline to Anguilla?

Help! :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,772 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
3. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

Yes, you apply to go to Anguilla, the forms for St Martin are on the Anguilla site. https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/

You need a Covid test for both Anguilla and St Martin.

You can fly from St Martin to Anguilla on Anguilla Air Service, or you can take a shuttle boat from the airport to Anguilla - need to reserve in advance.

Once you apply, your Anguilla concierge will work with you every step of the way, they are very helpful.

Good luck, I have read many accounts of people who have gone through the process and everyone says they would do it again.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
930 posts
33 reviews
50 helpful votes
4. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

Just joining to say definitely use SXM and do not fly through Puerto Rico if you can help it. The connecting airline (I forget if it's Seaborne still or now Silver) is... unreliable, to put it mildly.

We were told by our Anguilla rep that we should do the SXM application later, after we have our test results, but I'm going to look around to see how involved it is because I hate waiting until the last minute for anything :)

north carolina
Level Contributor
336 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

Wow, totally agree. I don't like waiting until the last minute either.

Can someone give me the details on how exactly the procedures are/will be in July for getting to Anguilla and returning??

I keep reading info that is .. well.. all over the map!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,772 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
6. Re: Flight layovers and insights
Save

Powder, In July, you will need to apply, pay no fees, and provide a negative Covid test, there is talk that SXM is going to do away with their tests, but that has not been confirmed.

Here is the link for the SXM requirements.

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

Reply to: Flight layovers and insights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.