We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

With the news that sxm airport is offering pre departure Covid testing - does this allow Anguilla visitors to get tested there before their flights home? Or do Anguilla visitors need the test on the island ?

5 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,768 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
1. Re: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

I don't know the answer to your question, but according to the article, the SXM testing center is located outside the airport terminal near the employee parking lot, and the cost is 110.00.

For me, it would be more convenient to get the test in Anguilla, and pay $100.00

https://www.sxmairport.com/news-030421-New-COVID-19-Test-Center-Opens-at-SXM-Airport.php

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
2. Re: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

I agree! I’m just trying to avoid the PCR deep nasal test on Anguilla. We will be vaccinated - but my kids will not be. I can’t find out where on the island we can get a rapid test?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,768 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
3. Re: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

According to Hughes they do Covid antigen rapid testing (below is from their site). Call them.

Hughes Medical Center

We are now offering COVID-19 testing at HMC. You can get same-day results for:

- PCR testing

- Covid antigen rapid testing

- Covid antibody testing

Please wear a mask when coming in for testing, especially if you have any symptoms of the virus 😷

To enquire about fees and to make an appointment please call us in advance at (264) 497-3053.

Wilton, CT
Level Contributor
357 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

My daughter and I had to test in SXM airport in December while in transit, and the EHAS team did a great job and were very efficient and professional. ( SXM Swab for pcr tickled my eyeballs, so not necessarily more forgiving that on Anguilla.) If coming from Anguilla best to be tested on Anguilla and know your status before exiting the island, rather than traveling blind to SXM only to find out the test is positive...and then what?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Save

Excellent point!

Reply to: SXM airport offering ore departure Covid test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.