We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

We are planning a 10 year anniversary trip and looking for a high end resort that also has an area to explore off resort. I’ve been told the belmond is fabulous but wasn’t sure if exploring off resort with covid restrictions. I also was told Turks and Caicos but havnt found a resort yet that compares. Of course we are planning last minute so some availability has worked against us. I’m open to any island suggestions with nice accommodations great food , areas to go explor beach bars, island culture, and off island excursion maybe one day. Thanks for the input.

Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#1 of 11 hotels in West End Village
Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection
Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection
#3 of 11 hotels in West End Village
Zemi Beach House, LXR Hotels & Resorts
Zemi Beach House, LXR Hotels & Resorts
#1 of 4 hotels in Shoal Bay Village
11 replies to this topic
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
930 posts
33 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

We've been to Turks once, and have been to Anguilla five times... so I think you know our vote. Not that Turks wasn't fun, and it did have some delicious dinner spots (just thinking about our dinner at Coco Bistro... drool) - just that if Grace Bay is windy with blowing sand, you have no real "other side of the island" to find a sheltered beach spot, and it's so easy for Americans to get to that it didn't really feel like an international vacation.

If you can delay your trip until July and are vaccinated, Anguilla will be far more open.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
2. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

I can't speak for Turks because I have not been there. That being said, we did our 10 year anniversary at Belmond CJ two years ago and absolutely loved everything about it. As much as we loved the property and people at CJ, I'd definitely recommend finding a good driver to take you around the island. What makes the Anguilla incredible is the people and the variety of beaches and restaurants to go to. We are heading back in July and are so excited.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
3. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

thank you this is so helpful..all that being said can we get off the resort and explore other restaurants beach bars beaches if we go end of may early june? I wasn’t sure if there are restrictions around this bubble discussion. We wanted to explore a bit too and I heard mixed reviews.

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
171 posts
53 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

No other side of the island at T&C??? What about Sapadilla, Taylor or Long Bay beaches??

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
930 posts
33 reviews
50 helpful votes
5. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Bob- we went to Taylor and it was so overrun with toddlers that it was hardly a relaxing alternative, but YMMV :)

Christy- what have you already read about the "bubble"? There are summaries of it available on the Anguilla tourist website and on Anguilla Beaches.

Silver Spring, MD
3 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
6. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Anguilla by far! We visited T&C years ago, but fell in love with AXA and have been coming back for the past 14 years. We try to spend our Anniversary there every year. We were so sad that our trip had to be cancelled last year. We just booked our stay at Cap Juluca for July! It's the perfect place to spend your Anniversary!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
878 posts
31 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Turks does not in any way compare to Anguilla. Just go.

CT
Level Contributor
175 posts
108 reviews
63 helpful votes
8. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Been to TCI 3x, Anguilla 7 years:.... although beaches are beautiful in TCI. Anguilla won our hearts. Anguilla is quiet and laid back. Love the Beaches, restaurants/food, & people. Most of all you feel very welcomed in Anguilla.. It just depends on what you are looking for. TCI has more so of a party vibe, some shopping, food not as authentic.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
1,055 reviews
698 helpful votes
9. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Anguilla just updated covid guidance but at that time frame I would do Provo. Been to both. Both great. We feel Grace Bay beach is truly the best in the World. Enjoy.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
10. Re: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Save

Where did you see the travel update for anguilla guidelines? Thanks for all the input. What resort would you compare to in grace bay?

Reply to: 10 year anniversary trip! belmond anguilla or turks resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.