We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Hi -

I’ve searched through the forum and found some replies around this wanted to see if anyone had updated opinions. Looking to do Anguilla for our honeymoon this summer. Will be there for 11 nights and are trying to pick where to spend our time. We are thinking of doing the first 4 nights at CJ, and then 7 nights at Zemi. We aren’t worried about needing to stay in the bubble, since our goal is to relax. But we are wondering if we should switch and spend some days at the FS. We wouldn’t stay at all 3, but could switch which we go to. Has anyone stayed at all 3 properties?

Thanks in advance!

Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#1 of 11 hotels in West End Village
Carimar Beach Club
Carimar Beach Club
#2 of 11 hotels in West End Village
Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection
Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection
#3 of 11 hotels in West End Village
16 replies to this topic
Southwick...
Level Contributor
565 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Poppy,

I have not stayed at any of the properties, but have seen them many times. I also have an idea on the advice you will get here on the forum.

Stay at Zemi for 4 nights first. You will get to experience Shoal Bay East and as much of that end of the island as restrictions will permit. Move to CJ for Honeymoon Part 2. The laid back luxury and beautiful beach will allow you to relax to your hearts desire. I think that there are more "bubble" restaurants on the West End if movement is still restricted.

Enjoy your planning!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Thanks!

Quincy...
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

If you desire to get the feel of the island as much as will be possible I recommend excluding 4 seasons. Cap Juluca would be my best recommendation.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,760 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
4. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Cap Juluca for sure, it has it all, best beach, resort and staff.

I would not pick Four Seasons for my honeymoon, too big, not private, too impersonal.

Have you looked at Frangipani, it is on Mead's Bay and is within walking distance to several restaurants and beach bars. Plus, Straw Hat restaurant is located on site. The owners are a young couple and love to pamper their guests.

Zemi is fine, but they are currently closed, and if the quarantine is still on, it is an expensive cab ride to get to restaurants. Shoal Bay East is a beautiful beach, but you would be limited to Zemi.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, happy planning.

Ellen

boston
Level Contributor
926 posts
73 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

IMO it would be an absolute SIN if you go to Anguilla and do not go to Shoal Bay East, thus Zemi would definitely be in my picture as you have to pay for a taxi anyway to see the beach. Zemi is fabulous, again, IMO, and a great place to relax. Hibernia, if it's in the bubble, is an excellent restaurant close by. .

PhoenixFF
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
50 helpful votes
6. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

I have stayed at all 3 and they are very different properties

Cap is phenomenal and has always been the premier resort on tne island

I actually like FS and are headed there again in June

Zemi is “ok” but IMHO it didn’t feel that special to me

For a honeymoon I would just do Cap

You can visit Shoal Bay East

It maybe allowed by summer

Congrats

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
10 reviews
24 helpful votes
7. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

If you really feel the necessity to move from one resort to another then I would agree with Bunsen that you should do the first 4 days at Zemi and relax without the urge of having to eat at different places, so that you can experience the Shoal Bay East beauty.

Then spend the rest of your honeymoon at Cap Juluca -- the honeymoon choice of a majority of newlyweds for a reason.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Thanks for all the helpful opinions! I think we will extend our time at CJ. We still want to switch hotels at some point to break up the trip/get a change of scenery so I think we will stick with Zemi over the FS based on everyone's comments about the beach. There seem to be so many good hotels on Anguilla, I had no idea it would be so hard to choose!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
10 reviews
24 helpful votes
9. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

Good that you have made a decision. Just be sure to make Zemi your first resort -- CJ your final paradise.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
10. Re: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Save

We stayed at CJ two years ago and absolutely loved it. As stated above, incredible property, beach, people, etc. I think it would be a great honeymoon spot if you value a "low key" and relaxing time. It is pretty isolated though. You would need to take a cab to see other properties or to eat off site.

Alternatively....

We are going for our second trip to Anguilla this summer. This time we are going with another couple and wanting a little more action. We are opting for the Four Seasons this time. The reason is Meads bay offers a lot of other opportunities to explore, eat, and see other properties. We feel it will be a better fit for a couples trip.

It really comes down to preference. I have not spent time on the East side at Zemi. That being said, My recommendation for a Honeymoon would probably be to stay at CJ but make plans to be mobile at least a couple of days to check out Meads and some of the other world class beaches. There are several wonderful drivers there that are happy to take you on short and long drives. I encourage you to get out and see.

The small island really has SO much to offer. Enjoy!!

Reply to: Cap Juluca, Zemi or Four Seasons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.