We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refined Retreats Travel

2 posts
Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Anyone used Refined Retreats to book Anguilla? Due to COVID restrictions we were unable to go last year. The company refuses to reimburse our deposit. This year is looking bleak for travel out of the US, due to add’l fees, COVID regulations, including 14 day quarantine upon arrival.

15 replies to this topic
South Jersey
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

I have never used Refined Retreats. If you can't contest with your CC company, don't lose heart. Once AXA has approx 70% of her population vaccinated, it's been intimated that the borders will reopen without the quarantine requirement and associated fees. This "may" happen by July. Sit tight, if indeed a trip to Anguilla was what your RR deposit was for.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Of course, visitors would need to be vaccinated as well.

2 posts
3. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Thank you for the encouragement! Good to know! We’ll be vaccinated and ready!

USA
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

I'm not sure there's been any official word from the Anguillan authorities about when the quarantine and fee requirements will be lifted. Also, if the goal is to end the restrictions when 70% of the population has been fully vaccinated, Anguilla is still pretty far from the 70% target. The last I saw they were a little over half way there for the first dose and having increasing difficulty getting people to come for their vaccine shots. Hopefully, July will work out but, at the rate things are going, it may take longer than that.

Edited: March 29, 2021, 10:51 pm
Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Hi there- This is Sherri with Refined Retreats. I am not sure which booking you are, but I understand your frustration. The travel industry and the island have been so impacted by COVID and we are desperate to welcome our guests back without restrictions! We understand the fees and "bubble" program are not ideal for more travelers. Unfortunately, the owner has already been paid the deposits as per the reservation agreement it was non-refundable. If you purchased travel insurance and have a covered reason, I would be happy to assist with your claim. Otherwise, we have offered your deposit as a credit for future stay as we do want to provide the best guest experience. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Smithlack, please re-read my post. ;)

USA
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
71 helpful votes
7. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Rel-AXA, I understood you weren't saying Anguilla would reopen in July or that there was any definite timetable for when that might happen. I was just trying to point out that given Anguilla's very slow progress in vaccinating its population, it's hard to be optimistic that the restrictions will be lifted anytime soon.

Edited: March 30, 2021, 10:39 am
US
Level Contributor
358 posts
154 reviews
115 helpful votes
8. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

My guess is the largest groups of vaccinations have already occurred. The rest of them will probably just trickle in. Will be a miracle if they can get to 70%-I sincerely hope they do because it is affecting my plans. The U.S. will probably not be able to get to that # for a couple of years --if ever. Most countries in the world will not get to that number either. Just my opinions.

USA
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
71 helpful votes
9. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

There's no question, it's going to take a while but I'm not as pessimistic as nonstop 8 about Anguilla reaching the 70% target, which would mean vaccinating about 10,500 people. According to the Ministry of Health, 5,568 Anguillans had received their first doses as of this past Friday, which would mean they have about 5,000 more to go. Even if there's no pick-up in the current slow rate of about 30 per day, Anguilla would reach 10,000 before the end of the summer. Full immunity, of course, will require two doses so it will take some additional time to administer the second doses. I think it's reasonable to assume that most people who received the first dose will come forward again to get the second dose. It may take Anguilla until the end of the year to fully vaccinate 70% of the population or perhaps it will take longer but at this point there's no reason to believe it won't or can't happen.

Also, it's possible the government could decide to take interim steps to ease some of the restrictions after 70%, or some high percentage, of the population receives its first doses (such as, for example, shortening or eliminating the quarantine for visitors who can provide proof of full vaccination) even though Anguilla wouldn't have completed its vaccination campaign. I don't know if Anguilla's considering any interim easing steps like this but it makes sense, economically and health-wise, that they would give thought to it before the start of the 2021-22 vacation season. In the meantime, we can only hope that enough Anguillans (and people in other countries too) recognize that it's in their country's self-interest and their own self-interest to get vaccinated.

Edited: March 31, 2021, 3:43 am
hp
Level Contributor
372 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Refined Retreats Travel
Save

Per recent minutes from Governor’s office, Ministry of Health could be prepared to announce a timeline for a relaxation and removal of COVID-19 restrictions as soon as April 1. April 1 being the announcement not the date of relaxation of the restrictions.

Reply to: Refined Retreats Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.