We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost there

Bensalem
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
Almost there
Save

My time has finally arrived. We will be in Anguilla tomorrow Saturday 3/20 for a week at the Frangipani. I must say this entire Covid process has been a real headache but we are almost to Anguilla for the very 1st time and hope to make the most of this trip even with the limitations. I’ll take all and any advice from anyone who has been there before!

18 replies to this topic
Wilton, CT
Level Contributor
357 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Almost there
Save

Congrats! We will miss you at Frangi by a few days. Straw Hat provides 21 amazing meal services per week. Picante is a definite must for a bubble dinner...I think Monday Tues Thurs Sat in the bubble. You can walk to Blanchards Beach Shack for a wonderful lunch. Mangos is special for a sunset dinner. The Frangi staff is blue chip. If they invite you on a boat ride GO!! Their gym is great. Frangipani is the perfect place for your first (of many) visits. Get there, relax, and enjoy!! Cheers!

Bensalem
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Almost there
Save

I’ll just say wow! So far fantastic and 5 days still ahead of us. This entire covid and bubble has been a headache especially all the prework and requirements prior to arrival but with that behind us we are loving the island. Dinner at Mangos tonight and any other musts are absolutely appreciated as we are here for the first time. Staying at Frangipani and Straw Hat has seen us a few times as well. The staff and people are amazing and so accommodating! Covid sucks as we all know but that’s nobody’s fault and we can only make the best of things until it’s 100% behind us.

Southwick...
Level Contributor
565 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Almost there
Save

Thanks for the bit of news.

Go next door to Ocean Echo for lunch and chat with Andrea and Delacroix.

Dinner at Picante is a funky, spicy evening.

Bensalem
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Almost there
Save

Thanks so much we will look into your suggestions and add it to our list. Don’t want to miss any “must do’s or must see” from regulars!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
276 reviews
231 helpful votes
5. Re: Almost there
Save

See if you can go to the Cap Shack at Cap Juluca, they are in the bubble.

The beach is spectacular and it would be a great way to spend the day, if you can go.

Check with your AXA concierge.

Have a great trip,

Ellen

Rotonda West...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
28 reviews
76 helpful votes
6. Re: Almost there
Save

Definately go to Cap Juluca for lunch and beach if you can. Enjoy!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
10 reviews
24 helpful votes
7. Re: Almost there
Save

If Q is open, I highly recommend a lunch there. Then a ride in their golf cart down to the beach for a delightful afternoon in paradise.

Bensalem
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Almost there
Save

What is Q?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
25 posts
9. Re: Almost there
Save

All great suggestions! I don't think Ocean Echo is open to bubble guests, so definitely check with your concierge. Enjoy your visit. I love Frangipani!

ETA: how could I forget. My absolute, most favorite dish is from Blanchards Beach Shack. The fried goat cheese salad over kale is the stuff of dreams. I literally think about this salad once a week. :)

Edited: March 22, 2021, 10:40 pm
Bensalem
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: Almost there
Save

Thanks so much we are trying to see if Ocean Echo is open for lunch

Reply to: Almost there
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.