We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer sxm to axa with aas

Newjersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
48 helpful votes
Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

Did the transfer process(immigration, customs, security, etc) changed after hurricane?. 3 yrs ago, it took me less than 20 minutes bypassing regular immigration and going up straight to gates and Anne with return from axa.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
737 posts
1. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

If you arrive SXM w/o checked luggage it takes < 5

minutes to get thru (transit line) Immigration, Customs and exit the airport. Waiting for checked bags adds 10-40 minutes.

At the end of your vacation, heading home it takes 1-2 hrs to do the check-in process.

Newjersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

Thank you. So, for the return, you have to go thru checkin, security, etc even with carryon? Last time. I stayed in transit without having to go out.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
737 posts
3. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

someone can chime in... I don’t see carry-on saving much time going home.

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
814 posts
40 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

Read the two recent threads below, especially Sarah's experience in the second one. I don't think carry-on will save you any time, and I don't think arriving via AAS saves you much time in line anymore.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147238-i388-k12760904-Sxm_transfer_time-Anguilla.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147238-i388-k12723738-Help_needed_at_SXM_now-Anguilla.html

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
100 reviews
168 helpful votes
5. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas
Save

Just returned yesterday and having carry on only plus printed boarding pass in hand allowed us to head to the left (upstairs) and go through the transfer line. There is “Transfer without boarding pass” which is the one that slows you down as well as checked bags. From landing to clearing security and customs it took us less than 20 minutes.

6. Re: Transfer sxm to axa with aas

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 10, 2020, 12:42 pm
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.