We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Tours

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
534 posts
539 reviews
1,352 helpful votes
Boat Tours
Save

The boat tours were scheduled to restart at the beginning of July but they don't seem to have. Anybody got any info on whats happening and whether they are likely to run this summer? It seems to be an issue in several of the national parks with manpower shortages - don't know if this is the same.

Allie

7 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
92 posts
60 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: Boat Tours
Save

I called on July 1st and thy said they were still trying to determine the cost and when they would start- they encouraged me to check the site daily- I also emailed but have not had a response

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
534 posts
539 reviews
1,352 helpful votes
2. Re: Boat Tours
Save

Thanks, I'll keep checking.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
92 posts
60 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Boat Tours
Save

Email I received-At this time, we have had to push back the opening of the Boat tours on Crater Lake due to weather. We will resume Boat tours mid-July, weather permitting.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
454 posts
15 reviews
58 helpful votes
4. Re: Boat Tours
Save

Looks like it has been pushed out again. Website just updated to say boat tours will resume late July to August conditions permitting.

Edited: July 13, 2022, 1:01 am
Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
534 posts
539 reviews
1,352 helpful votes
5. Re: Boat Tours
Save

Oh dear. That sounds not likely

Colorado
Level Contributor
103 posts
10 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Boat Tours
Save

Oh man, this stinks — will be at Crater Lake next week and was really looking forward to this.

Not to hijack the thread but on a related note, anyone know if the road segment between Sun Notch and Skell Head will be opening anytime soon? I was going to call the park but figured I’d ask here first because I’m sure they’re swamped.

Roseburg, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
45 reviews
17 helpful votes
7. Re: Boat Tours
Save

The full East Rim Drive opened July 16.

Reply to: Boat Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crater Lake National...
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.