We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to buy a bike

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
15 helpful votes
Want to buy a bike
Save

I’m in Molyvos/Petra, & would like to buy a cheap bicycle. I’m here for a couple of months (& may be back), so buying seems more economic than renting.

Does anyone have a second-hand bike for sale?

Thanks to all...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Parga
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
10 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Maybe ask one of the bicycle rental places if they will do a deal for longer term rental or even sell an older bike?

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
23 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Used to be one right by the football pitch in Petra that had dozens of bikes outside . The one I had was pretty basic but they had some nice ones.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

HI, did you buy that bike? I'm planning to spend 2 weeks in Lesvos in August (I know, it's hot) cycle-touring the island. Debating if to bring my own bike on the flight + ferry to Lesvos, or rent one there. Any tips? Is cycling around Lesvos in August possible? I mean, enjoyable?

thanks for any reply!

Michael

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,974 posts
4. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Cycling is possible & as you observe it will be very hot. It is a large island & majority of roads are pretty quiet, although August will see more visitor traffic & especially people driving on the "wrong" side of the road (Brits) so you would need to make yourself visible & do wear a helmet. There are a lot of hills, hairpin bends & often goats or sheep in the road.

Are you planning to do several days out from one or more bases or keep on the move & stay wherever you reach a place you like (or are too tired to go on!)?

AFAIK Makis Car Rental based Plomari & Mytilini have cycles for rent & would arrange to bring it to your start point

http://www.lesvosrentacar.gr/about-us/

Contact Panos to see what he can offer

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Thanks, but they don't seem to be there now.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,974 posts
6. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Did you email him (info@lesvosrentacar.gr) or try his mobile +30 6942 442823 or send SMS. Usually responds fairly promptly.

Or did you mean they no longer have bikes?

Edited: 3 years ago
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
16,395 posts
79 reviews
156 helpful votes
7. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

He was active on Facebook a moment ago,

https://www.facebook.com/lesvosrentacar.gr/

Molyvos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
851 posts
16 reviews
34 helpful votes
8. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

Bike for sale in Molyvos €130

https://www.facebook.com/groups/699328490105727/?fref=nf

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,974 posts
9. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

That is a great link RobndCarol - very useful for longer stay travellers looking for bikes or maybe some household items if they are self catering & don't want to eat out every night but need more than a fridge & a briki on a hotplate.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
15 helpful votes
10. Re: Want to buy a bike
Save

I'm afraid this not-very-good forum software made it look like I was replying to you - but actually to the guy above re the bikes at Petra 9that aren't there). Sorry.

Get answers to your questions about Molyvos
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.