We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Trip

Macau, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Trip

Hi!

I'll be traveling to Batanes 1st quarter next year and I just have some questions:

- Is it safe for a female traveler to go there alone

- What are the nice safe accomodation in Batanes other than Fundacion?

- is it safe to do the tour alone? any recommendations of drivers and tour guides? Kindly send contact details too

Thanks in advance :)

12 replies to this topic
J P
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Trip

Hi,

Batanes is known to have one of the lowest if not “THE” lowest crime rate in the Philippines. However, the usual travelling precautions still have to be observed.

Don’t forget to bring extra cash, credit cards are not accepted or the network in the islands is not always reliable to be able to use cards. Prepare to be stranded as the weather is very unpredictable, your flights could be cancelled at the minute due to the weather condition.

There are numbers of accomodations available in the capital, Basco, but never travel without a confirmed accomodation; some tourist think that they can just travel to Batanes and be able to secure a room. I suggest for you to check RL Puriran Homestay or Tawsen Inn by calling them instead (Check their FB pages for contacts.) They would also be able to suggest tour guides and drivers.

Have a fun travel.

If you can visit website www.worrywarttraveller.com. Their main page has this beautiful background on what’s waiting for you to see and experience.

Have fun travelling!

Mentioned in this post
Basco
Basco
Luzon, Philippines
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,730 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Trip

The jail in the capital town of Batanes was empty when we visited as we got curious when someone said that there are no criminals in Basco and I believe in the saying "To see is to believe." But for the record there were times in the past that was not empty.

Google about the "Honesty Store" in Batanes and you will find out how honest the people there and how safe it is.

Crisan Lodge offers budget rooms and they also arrange tours.

Edited: November 05, 2017, 9:39 pm
Mentioned in this post
Basco
Basco
Luzon, Philippines
Crisan Lodge
Crisan Lodge
46 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Macau, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Trip

Thanks for the information!

4. Re: Solo Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: February 09, 2018, 11:35 am

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,741 posts
2,116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Trip

Solicitation isn't allowed and putting your private Facebook details in a public Forum isn't wise as it will encourage spam and scammers approaching you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Trip

Mother Nature would be more of a concern than fellow human beings in Batanes.

March to June are the best months for weather.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Trip

I agree that the weather could disrupt your flights so never arrange your flights between June and November. The Honesty store is quite famous, and i think you will never have a problem traveling alone.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Trip

hi I am solo traveler for Batanes . I would like to ask if there is a tour package to be offered for a joiner like me? , i have booked separately my accommodation. What i want is the tour only? any advise?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,741 posts
2,116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo Trip

Already answered this question where you asked it previously. Usually once is enough to ask a question.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,730 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo Trip

Contact Crisan Lodge as they have group tours and they accept joiners. The tour price will depend on how many will be joining the tour but usually it would be just ₱500/pax (or even less) if there are at least 6 pax.

Mentioned in this post
Crisan Lodge
Crisan Lodge
46 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Reply to: Solo Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Batanes