We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mogan at Christmas

Kent
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mogan at Christmas

What’s Mogan like at Christmas? Only been May to October.

Worth going?

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Discover Scuba Diving in Puerto de...
7 Reviews
from US$91.60*
Free Cancellation
Children's PADI Diving Experience in...
from US$70.20*
Free Cancellation
6 Diving Sites Scuba Diving Package...
from US$214.10*
Free Cancellation
12 replies to this topic
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mogan at Christmas

As nobody has answered I'll chip in to bump it by saying that it's likely to be just as busy as August, with festivities lasting until 6th January, which is the day that Spanish kids receive their main presents.

Mind you, I've only ever been to Mogan once and that was one January or February about 25 years ago :) . But I'm sure things there aren't too different from Corralejo, Fuerteventura.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mogan at Christmas

Mogan in December is possibly busier than May to October which is thought of as low season as December is the middle of high season their are lots of people looking for winter sun over Christmas/New Year

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mogan at Christmas

It's high season and is busy by day for sure - I guess evenings are quite busy as well.

Weather is normally good as you would expect

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mogan at Christmas

I have been in December twice, the first time we had reasonable weather 3-4 hours sun a day, with some cloud.

Last year we went and had great weather, hardly a cloud in the sky all day.

In December Puerto De Mogan will be busy, but is by no means crowded. The only day the resort feels crowded is Friday, when the market is on.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de Mogan
Puerto de Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mogan at Christmas

It's an absolutely lovely time of the year to go to Mogan and when we normally go each year. The atmosphere is wonderful, the fairy lights really pretty and all of the restaurants work hard throughout the Christmas and New Year period with a very busy but not packed beach. Year on year you see some of the same faces to say "hello" to.

The weather is normally a very pleasant 24 to 25 degrees and the sun is on the beach from 9.30/10am until about 4.30pm sometimes 5ish. It's cool in the morning before the sun swings over the headland and chilly in the evening when you need trousers and fleece/jacket to sit outside the restaurants. The only annoying thing is outside the Fund Grube store they have loudspeakers playing Christmas music on a constant loop all day, every day. Now I like a bit of Christmas music me, but there is only so much you can bear listening to "Frosty the Snowman" day in, day out on the beach! Hey ho it's still worth it though. Flights are expensive from Gatwick for the Christmas period.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mogan at Christmas

Juliet B, flights and accommodation over Christmas are stupidly expensive and the weather is not guaranteed, I would be looking elsewhere around the world, if I was parting with silly money, Gran Canaria is great for a cheapy holiday and that's it

Edited: June 12, 2018, 9:42 pm
Mentioned in this post
Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria
Canary Islands, Spain
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mogan at Christmas

Mike you are like a stuck record.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mogan at Christmas

And that's being polite!

Some people are quite happy to spend their money as they please and buy what they want, when they want. Not everyone is chasing €1 pints as the ultimate goal on holiday.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 12:28 am
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mogan at Christmas

Eh? like I've said on previous occasion's you wouldn't Walk into MacDonald's and pay £100 for a £1 cheeseburger just because it's Christmas? You would go elsewhere and get value for money

Edited: June 13, 2018, 1:42 am
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mogan at Christmas

Mike you just constantly miss the point, value for money, especially when it comes to holidays is very different from person to person.

Some people want to go to a specific resort or even a specific hotel, it is where they enjoy going and if they are happy with the price they pay, that is all that matters.

Maybe you are jealous, I don't know. It just seems every time someone books a winter holiday to Mogan, you have to tell them they are getting ripped off and about you bargain holiday at the Cordial Mogan Valle. Yawn yawn.

I have stopped in Mogan the last 2 Decembers and it was worth every penny.

Why can't you just live and let live.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Cordial Mogan Valle
Cordial Mogan Valle
2,509 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Reply to: Mogan at Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mogan