We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson villa eclipse binebequer

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

has anyone stayed at this villa. it has just been taken on by thomson

Guildford, United...
1 post
1. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

Hi,

We have just arrived back in uk after 2 weeks of living with ants in the villa they were in the dishwasher, beds and cupboards,sofa everywhere we turned there were ants, the thomson rep was unwilling to follow through her promises of help with the problem and to be honest ruined the holiday.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
105 reviews
84 helpful votes
2. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

Very sorry to hear this. It is sometimes a huge problem in older properties and particularly if previous gusestshave been careless with cleaning up and throwing away food as we would leaving melon ptps in under sink waste bins, leaving bread and cakes out etc. There are some very powerful sprays in huge containers which you can buy and many locals do a total defest once a year. I have seen an upstairs bedroom with a double bed totally covered in them. It can be a daily battle and one thing you can do is to squirt washing up liquid in their access points. You have been unfortunate with a rep who has sadly proved useless. I have rented many properties where there has been no problem at all but also lived in properties where it has been a battle at certain times of the year. What a shame for you.

Edited: 6 years ago
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
3. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

We stayed I. This villa twice last year & also had trouble with ants in the kitchen. But we loved the villa & location & have booked it twice for this year.when we arrived in June I was shocked when the new rep met us at the airport & was told that the villa eclipse that I had previously stayed in & was expecting to be staying in again had changed ! I was annoyed until we got to the new villa ! It was BRAND NEW & next door to the original one. We had no trouble whatsoever with any ants & as much as we loved the other villa this one was more child friendly & we are going agin in August for 2 weeks & have booked it twice for next year. The only fault we have got is that it is still pictures of the old villa in the Thomson brochure !

Christchurch...
3 posts
4. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

Hi there. I have booked this villa for Aug 2016. From viewing your comments, are you saying that there are two villas with the same name? I have not been able to see it on the Thomson website but have booked through Solmar Villas. Many thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

We have booked for June and can't find pics of the villa we booked with Thompson but havnt been told it's changed

Christchurch...
3 posts
6. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

I don't think Thomson have it on their site any longer. Is the one that you booked the same one that is on Solmar Villas? Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised as the Villa Eclipse I booked looks very new and modern. Let me know... And have a great holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
43 reviews
47 helpful votes
7. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

you will find ants in menorca we had them in our apt but the worst i saw was the slicing machine in supermarket covered with them

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,033 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
8. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

That sounds gross pamela - I hope that it was a one off.

Re ants generally, don't get worried Peter H, Menorca is no worse than any other holiday destination for wee critters which you are bound to find out and about in warm weather wherever you go . The trick is to make sure that you do not leave any food or sticky drinks out for them to make a beeline for EVER. If you keep everything in the fridge you will be fine 'cos the little critters will simply head off somewhere else looking for their next meal . By the way, I found four ants nests today just under the surface of the soil on my allotment - the little beggars are everywhere!

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
9. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

the pic in thomson book different to solamar i hope it is the new villa it looks great

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
43 reviews
47 helpful votes
10. Re: thomson villa eclipse binebequer
Save

Menorca is worse for ants i travel to greece at least 3 times a year and never had a problem. They say keep everything in fridge that includes your sugar tea bags just everything. 1 crumb and they are there. We had them all over the balcony floor and i cleaned up everytime. I have never done so much sweeping up. Still love it and might be back this year if price is right!!

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.